• 42 •

"Taeyong!!" The said boy smiles, walking into his room and towards the girl that held a cake up towards him. "happy birthday!!" She exclaims. He chuckles, grabbing the cake from her hand and placing it on the bed before leaning down to squeeze her in a tight hug. "Thank you, Jiyeon!" He tightens his grip around her. "I love you!"

Taeyong gasps, his eyes shooting open as they adjusted to the light in his office room. He glances at his phone that showed the date 'July 1st' on his screen. He lets out a shaky breath, wiping off the tear that slipped down his cheek when he heard a knock on the door. "come in" he said softly, looking up at the door that opened to Lucas.

He walks forward, a box in his hands. "Jiyeon had prepared this for your birthday, I thought I should give it to you" he says, placing the box on Taeyong's desk. "thank you, you can leave now" he replies, earning a nod from Lucas that turned back around to leave.

Taeyong glances at the box on his desk, picking at the bracelet tied around his wrist. He lets his head fall onto the table, breaking into tears as he brought his hand over his chest. "It's been weeks, Why can't I find you?!" He cries.

"Don't you think I have a little bit of a bump?" Jiyeon asks, smiling as she looked down at her stomach and then back at Jeno that was beside her. "Well you ate my share of the food that they gave too" Jeno teases, earning a glare from the girl. "You forced me to eat it!" She exclaims. "I'm joking, of course there's a bit of a bump!" Jeno smiles, softly placing a hand over her stomach.

He leans down. "Mom and Uncle are going to get out of her safely, with you" he says. "Your dad's going to come take us all back home" Jiyeon smiled, her gaze on Jeno. "You're a hero for keeping your mom strong. I can't wait to see you!!" Jiyeon chuckles, lightly patting the boys shoulder. "I miss everyone" she sighs, leaning back against the wall. Jeno purses his lips together, nodding. "I do too" he mumbles.

The door slammed open, startling the two that immediately looked up at it. Jeno widened his eyes, his gaze landing on San's friend. Over the past weeks the two had been here, they caught up with who was who in their team. Hongjoong, the leader of the team walked towards the two, a few others following behind. Jeno moves in front of Jiyeon, holding tight onto her hand. "apparently it's Taeyong's birthday today..." He laughs.

Jiyeon gasps, tightening her grip on Jeno's hand. "I hope he's alright" she mumbles. Hongjoong looks back at Jiyeon, raising his eyebrows. "Want to send him a little present?" He asks. Jiyeon flinches, looking down while her hand still held onto Jeno's. "Leave her alone for once, would you!" Jeno exclaims.

The other chuckles. "Where'd you get all this courage from?" He points a finger against Jeno's shoulder. "You seem to cry and beg everytime one of us are with her" he says. Jeno glares at him. "Because you're hurting her" he says. "Jeno, stop it" Jiyeon tugs at the younger ones hand. "you heard her" hongjoong glances at her. "Stop it"

"No!" Jeno stands up, letting go of Jiyeon's hand. He moves forward, his gaze on Hongjoong that looked back at him with an amused expression. "Are you going to fight me?" He asks. "Yes" Jeno replies, throwing a punch at the older ones jaw. He laughs, being pushed a step back while he brought a hand up to his jaw, touching the blood at the corner of his lip. The rest in the room lift their guns up, pointing it at Jeno.

"Jeno!!" Jiyeon gasps. "don't do anything stupid" she exclaims, standing up to pull him back. "I should've done that earlier" Jeno breathes heavily, pulling his hand out of Jiyeon's grip. "You should've" hongjoong laughs. Jeno takes another step forward, sending another punch in the older ones direction. Jiyeon widens her eyes, hearing the safety of the guns being switched off.

She rushes to stand in between the two, facing Hongjoong while she pushed Jeno behind her. "We're sorry, he won't do that again" she says. His laugh echoed through her ears once again, when she felt him harshly push her away. She groaned, weakly falling onto the floor. She places a hand over her stomach that began to ache, screwing her eye shut while she let out a soft whimper. "Ji!!" Jeno gasps, trying to rush towards her when a hand being placed over his shoulder pulled him back. "Not so fast"