• 49 •

Jiyeon sighed, glancing at her reflection on the mirror before walking out of the bathroom. Her gaze lands on Taeyong that was still asleep, a soft smile creeping it's way onto her face. She walks closer to the bed, sitting on the empty space beside him. She carefully grabs his hand, making sure to not wake him up while intervening her fingers with his.

She sat there for a few minutes before, leaning down to place a gentle kiss over his forehead. Carefully letting go of his hand, she walks out of his room and into the guest room that was right in front of it. Opening the closet, she looks for something to change into when her gaze lands on the baby clothes wrapped in a corner.

She reaches for the pair of tiny yellow shoes in the plastic casing, holding them in both her hands. She immediately puts them back, turning away. She walked out, leaning against the wall while she took in deep breaths. Rushing into the bathroom, she leaves the tap open, splashing water onto her face a few times.

With a sigh, she looks at her reflection on the mirror, her gaze travelling over the scars on her body while she picked at the bracelet tied around her wrist with the only sound being from the running water. Several minutes pass by when she walks back out of the bathroom and the bedroom after grabbing a jacket for herself. She walked down the hallways that were empty.

To her luck most of the guys were still asleep after having returned back home late with completing a mission. She made eye contact for a brief moment with several guards that were walking around the mansion, looking down while continuing to walk down until she reached the front doors.

"Are you going anywhere, Miss Jiyeon?" The guard that held onto one handle of the door asked. She looked up, slowly nodding. "Mr. Lee di-" "Taeyong doesn't know. I'm not going far and I'll be back soon" she cuts him off. "Let us drive you atleast, miss Jiyeon" the other says. "I don't think it's really necessary actually" she shakes her head.

"You know how Mr. Lee can be" he replies. Jiyeon sighs, nodding slowly. "I need to go to the cemetery" she says. The two guards look at each other, slightly taken aback, nevertheless agreeing and opening the doors for her.

"Thank you!" Jiyeon says as she got off the car. "We'll be here whenever you're ready to go back home" one of the guards say. Jiyeon nods, a soft smile finding its way onto her lips. "thanks!" She says, closing the door behind her and turning to walk.

She stops in front of the grave, looking down at the neatly arranged flowers. "I know It was just yesterday when I said I'd come when I feel sad. But here I am" she shrugs. She sighs, fiddling with her fingers. "So... I'm guessing Doyoung would've told you that I was in a coma" she pauses. "If not, now you know"

"If the last few months went well, I would've been here to see you... With a baby" she mumbles. She felt like she couldn't control what she was speaking. "But, I lost our baby" she pauses to look at the stone. When she speaks again she recalls the events from almost a year back. "I cried when I got to know that I was pregnant. I was scared. I didn't want to go through that pain. Not yet atleast. I didn't know what to expect from the guys, my brother... and even Taeyong"

She takes in a deep breath, looking up in attempt to dry away the tears that filled up in her eyes. "But they were beyond happy and that made me think Taeyong and my brother would've been too. So, I got excited. I didn't care about what was going to happen, yet I knew I already loved the baby so much"

"We got clothes, shoes and toys all way too early" she chuckles softly. "I kept the news a secret from Taeyong and my brother. But before they could even know about me having a baby, they had to hear about the baby leaving" her voice broke as she spoke. "Although Taeyong seems like he's moved on from that fact, I know he's deeply hurt inside" she says.

A light scoff escapes her lips. "which parent wouldn't be" she mumbles. It was silent again. "Lyra..." she looks down at her feet. "I thought I'd feel better when I came back. But I keep seeing all the scars on my body and it reminds me of them. I keep having nightmares where I'd always see their faces and hear them laugh. Taeyong's always there for me then, thankfully"

"But I can't always depend on him. So I thought that talking to someone about it would help me a little. Which is why I'm telling all of this to you, Lyra. Don't hate me for that" she chuckles softly again. The silence was replaced with the soft sound of birds chirping. Jiyeon smiled, looking up as she let out a heavy breath.

Gently closing the door behind her, Jiyeon looks at Taeyong's bed that was empty. She searches the room when her gaze lands on the familiar silhouette that leaned against the railings of the balcony. Sliding the door, she steps into the balcony when Taeyong turns to look at her. "Are you better now?" He asks, wrapping an arm around her waist once she came closer. "You know I went there?" She asks. Taeyong nods.

"I've asked the guards to keep an eye on you. I don't want you going through anything again, my love. Don't hate them though, it's what I make them do" he speaks. Jiyeon leans her head against his shoulder. "I get it" she replies. "I feel good though, after talking to her" Taeyong smiles. "That's good. You two seem really close though, considering you met her just yesterday" he says.

Jiyeon chuckles. "Doyoung showed me pictures of her! And she's so pretty I fell in love" she says. "You're prettier though" Taeyong says. Jiyeon shakes her head. "I disagree. She's a literal goddess" she says. "You really are in love then" he playfully rolls his eyes.

Taeyong walks to stand behind Jiyeon, wrapping his arms around her securely while resting his head on the crook of her neck with a sigh. "wanna get married?" He asks, leaning back slightly to look at Jiyeon that choked on air. "are you insane?!" She exclaims, turning to look at him. "Why not? I'm 24" he shrugs.

"And I'm 19!! Where's your 24 year old brain at when it's not even been a week since we started dating" she says. "well... You're going to be with me till the end anyways so I don't see the point in waiting" he replies. Jiyeon brings her hand upto her mouth in disbelief. "You've lost it" she says, shaking her head.

Taeyong chuckles, hugging her tighter. "I was joking" he says. "unless you change your mind" he jokes. "Taeyong!!" Jiyeon laughs, slapping his arm that was wrapped around her.  "I love you, Mon Amour" he leans down, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

A/n:
The final chapter and extra will be updated soon!!