Chapter 15

Camila POV
-
"Why does Josh hate you so much?" Lauren asked, while we were cuddled on her bed watching The Other Woman. I loved this film, the cheating scumbag really got what he deserved in the end, it was so funny. "I don't know. I haven't been at that school long myself. I moved there last year, and I had to introduce myself to the class. And it's just like, the second I told everyone my name, he sent me the most evil glare. I swear if looks could kill i would have exploded on the spot." I said chuckling to myself, not in humour, but confusion. I'd always wondered myself why he hated me so much. "It wasn't bad at first, it was just teasing and scrunched up paper hitting my head. Of course everyone copied off him. I was so grateful for the day Normani, Ally an Dinah defended me and became friends with me." I explained, remembering the day my now 3 best friends talked to me for the first time. "Camz-"
"Oh hey, this parts funny." I said, hoping to change the subject, as Leslie Mann pushed Cameron Diaz out the window.
I think Lauren understood I didn't want to talk about it, as she turned her attention back to the film, laughing along with me. Lauren never pushed me to talk about something I didn't want to talk about, she was never forceful, she was always just understanding. She knew if I wanted to talk about anything, I'd talk to her, because I trusted her.
After the film finished Lauren stood up, running her hand through her hair, something I realised she did very often. "I'm going to shower, care to join?" She's asked winking, as I chuckled lightly. "Very funny Lo, but I don't think that's a good idea, considering your brother is in his room." I said, shaking my head, my cheeks still heating up at the thought of showering with Lauren. "Your loss." Lauren winked, grabbing some clothes. "I'll be as quick as I can, do whatever you want." Lauren told me, kissing my cheek quickly before exiting her room.
Lauren had only been gone for about ten minutes, and her phone was going insane. I wanted to check it, just to shut it up, but I didn't want to seem like I couldn't trust Lauren, so I left it until Lauren came out of the shower.
She had her towel wrapped around her body, her hair dripping wet and her face make up free. Breath taking.
"Take a picture Camz, it'll last longer." Lauren told me as I shamelessly raked my eyes up and down her body. Lauren's phone started buzzing as she made her way over to it. "If you want to take a picture of yourself like that and send it to me, I certainly won't object." I admitted, as Lauren let out a light chuckle, unlocking her phone. Her face turned from playful to serious upon reading whatever was on her phone.
"Are you okay Laur?" I asked, as she just locked her phone and awkwardly sat down beside me. "Yeah, fine." She told me, quickly kissing my cheek, before standing up to go and get her clothes. Well that was weird.
-
-1 week later-
It was so great to just spend all week with Lauren, and forget about school, but now, Lauren and I were in the school parking lot, still in Lauren's car, while I shook uncontrollably, terrified out of my wits to even step into school.
"It's okay Camz. I'm with you, I won't let him hurt you." Lauren promised me, rubbing my back reassuringly.
"I know, but what if he's already told everyone? What if everyone laughs at me?" I asked, as we both stepped out the car. "If you're that scared, well go to the principal, and-"
"We can't go to the principal, we'd have to tell him what Josh knows." I said, not even letting Lauren finish her sentence.
There was a short silence, while Lauren looked thoughtful. "Camz, listen to me okay. And don't get mad at me. Let me explain first." Lauren said, finally breaking the silence. That didn't sound good. "Wha-what's wrong?" I asked, scared for what she had to say. "I don't think...I think..." She stared, but stopped abruptly, furrowing her eyebrows together.
"You're not breaking up with me, are you? Because if you are just get it over with." I said, refusing to look at her. That's what this sounded like, a break up. And I was scared I was about to loose her. "What? No, don't be stupid. I love you, idiot." Lauren told me, hitting my arm playfully. I let out a sigh of relief, looking up at her. "Thank god. I love you too. Don't scare me like that, and tell me what you want to tell me." I told her, taking hold of her hand in my own. "I...I think we should tell someone about...about you." I dropped Lauren's hand as soon as the words left her mouth, and the look of regret instantly flashed across her face. "Why? Would I trust anyone with my problems. I trust you and the girls, and that's it. I don't even trust my own mother, Lauren, so why would I tell a random stranger?" I asked, feeling the anger rise inside of me. "Because, we can get you some help!" Lauren said quickly, taking hold of my hands. I refused, and pushed her hands away. "I don't need help Lauren! I need you. You're all I need." I told her, her words making me feel hurt. "No, Camila. Because if I was what you needed you wouldn't still be harming yourself, and you are! And if you can't stop with my help, maybe you need professional help." She told me, as I started shaking my head. She rarely ever uses my full name. "I don't need professional help, Lauren!" I yelled, my breathing becoming unsteady. There was people around us starting to stare, but I couldn't care less right now. "I'm only saying this because I care Camila. Is it so bad that I fucking care about you?" Lauren yelled back, equally as loud. I didn't even realise I was crying until I spoke again. "If you cared, you wouldn't even suggest that! You know I don't trust anyone, you know I would never agree. So why did you even fucking bother?" I asked, before turning around and walking off on my own into the school. I heard a loud thud from behind me, but I carried on walking, the tears making it difficult for me to see. Why couldn't she inderstand, I don't need professional help. I just need Lauren.
-
Lauren POV
-
"FUCK!" I yelled, as I continued to add more dents into my car with my fist. "FUCKING IDIOT." I yelled about myself, not even caring about the ripped open skin on my knuckles, or the damage on my car. Before I could throw another punch, someone pulled my arm back, almost making me fall. "What the fuck Lauren? Stop. You're hurting yourself." It was Normani.
"I don't care. I don't fucking care Mani." I told her. I wanted so badly to punch something even more, but I knew Normani wouldn't let me. "What's wrong Lauren? Talk to me." She told me, leading me over to the bench and sitting down. "Nothing's wrong, Mani." I lied, my jaw still clenched. "You've just beat the shit out of your car, your knuckles are stained red, your body is all tense, and you're crying. You never cry Lauren. It's something." She told me. Crying? I wasn't crying. I lifted the palm of my hand to my face, but surely enough, I was crying my eyes out. I rested my head into the palms of my hands, and sobbed uncontrollably. I'm glad we were were running late, because if anyone saw me like this, I'd never be able to live it down. "Camila hates me." I told her between sobs, rubbing at my eyes furiously. If Normani was kind enough to be late for lessons to talk to me, I might aswel tell her what's bothering me so much to make me cry and beat my car up.
"Don't be stupid, that dork loves you." Normani told me, as I shook my head. "No, Mani. She did love me. DID. I fucking ruined everything." I admitted, shaking my head, angry at myself.
After explaining to Mani what happened, I expected her to be mad at me for upsetting her best friend like that, but instead, she pulled me into a hug. "Camila is a sensitive girl. She gets upset by the littlest of things. Don't take it personally, and please don't hurt yourself over it. Give her time, and then talk to her about it. I didn't even know she was...doing that to herself. I agree with you Lauren. She needs the help. Remeber, she loves you. She'll listen to you once she's calmed down." Normani told me, rubbing my back. "Please don't tell her I told you. I thought you knew." I said, feeling awful that I'd told Camilas secret. "I won't. Promise. Now come on, there's still ten minutes of lessons left. Let's not skip. I don't think you're on the teachers good side enough as it is." Normani told me, as we made or ways to our separate lessons.