Chapter 32

Who's got their 7/27 Tour tickets?!i have to travel from Newcastle to Glasgow to see the girls, but it'll definitely be worth it 😂❤️

Lauren POV

Practice was going really well, and I was playing my first proper game next week, I hope Camila would be able to come and watch me play. Speaking of, I was kind of worried right now, Josh was at her house with her waiting for her mom...their mom...to get home. Sinu was going to absolutely flip, and if Sinu (or even Josh for that matter) dared to lay another finger on Camz, then I'D be the one to flip.

"Hey, uh, Lauren. Can we please talk? You've been ignoring me since our incident at Starbucks and I just want to-" Leanne cut me out of my thoughts, as I turned and scowled at her. "Are you being serious? There wouldn't have been an incident if your stupid mouth didn't create one." I said coldly, as she looked down awkwardly. Now, I wasn't one for being mean to anyone, and usually I'd give out more chances than people deserved, but the things she said about my girlfriend really irked me, and she's so lucky that all I did was shout that day, when really, I wanted to punch her into a different country.

"Look, about that, I'm sorry! Please, hear me out! I swear there's a reason behind that that wasn't my doing." Leanne said, as I glared at her, but her big sad eyes and small frown made me think; maybe there was more to the story. "Fine! Okay, fine." I said, as Leanne looked up at me, smiling hugely. "Are you serious?" She asked, jumping up and down. "Yes, but I swear Leanne, there had better be a good BELIEVABLE reason for the things you said about Camila, or so help me, I will smash your face off the ground we are standing on." I threatened, as Coach came up behind me. "Jauregui! West! That is not team spirit. There will be no threats on this team, especially not towards team members, do you understand?" He asked us both as we nodded and apologised.

The rest of practice dragged, and once we were done, Leanne waited by the door of the changing rooms for me as I quickly showered and got changed. As much as I hate to admit it, I was really starting to enjoy being on the basketball team. We say under a large tree outside of the school, as Leanne picked awkwardly at the grass. I smacked her hand away, as she looked up at me confused. "Stop killing the grass! What did the grass ever do to you?" I said, scowling at her as she just laughed lightly. "Sorry." She said, as she shuffled uncomfortably.

"Look, I'm gonna tell you the truth but you have to promise, you won't let on to Kylie that you know, or she will literally beat the shit out of me." Leanne said, as I pulled my eyebrows together in a tight frown. What did Kylie have to do with this? After I promised I wouldn't tell Kylie, Leanne proceeded to tell me her story.

"So, basically I'm sort of friends with her. I mean, she gives me orders, I do then, and she claims were friends so that nobody will bully me. Apart from that, she doesn't really have anything against anyone that's on the basketball team...she has a thing for basketball players." Leanne told me, as I scoffed. "Yeah, well, I bet I ruined that huh? She hates me." I said, as Leanne shook her head no.

"That's where the next part of my story comes in.  So, after you joined, I told Leanne that you were our newest basketball player, and at first she was pretty mad, but then she said, and I quote 'well, Jauregui is actually quite hot. Even if she is a bitch.' After that, she decided she wanted something out of you...even just a one night stand would make her happy." Leanne told me, as I cringed at the thought of even going anywhere near Kylie. "I didn't even know you was gay, when Camila and I started dating, she called us some pretty derogatory names." I said, as Leanne shrugged.

"The thing about Kylie is, she'll sleep with anything with a pulse. I'm her friend, but she has no self respect. Anyways, I explained to her that you already have a girlfriend and her reply was 'not if I have anything to do with it.' Now, I didn't know you at the time, and all I knew about you is what Kylie had told me, so basically, I thought you were a bitch...so I agreed to help her break you and Camila up." Leanne admitted, as I clenched my fist, refusing to look at her. She saw my anger, and immediately spoke again. "I'm sorry Lauren! After we talked and I tried to be horrible about your girlfriend, I realised both how much you love Camila, and how much of a lovely person you actually are...basically I realised Kylie was wrong...and once you walked out of Starbucks...I regretted everything." Leanne told me, as I started feeling slightly sorry for her. Kylie was a really manipulative person, and maybe it wasn't all Leanne's fault after all.

"I don't fancy you or anything, no offence, I mean you're beautiful and all, but I know my limits, and you and Camila are a great couple. Besides, I kind of have a crush on Josh." She told me, making my eyes go wide at her confession. "Firstly; I forgive you, Leanne." I told her, as she smiled widely at me. "Thank you so much Lauren! So...does this mean we're friends?" She asked me sheepishly, as I nodded, as she did a little dance, making me laugh. "Secondly; Josh Cuthbert?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her, as she blushed and nodded once again. "I know he seems like a bullying asshole, but I hung out with him a lot, being with Kylies group of friends and all, and he's actually really sweet. I knew there must have been some reason behind how he used to treat Camila, but I didn't want to pry." She told me, as I nodded in understanding.

"Well, uh, Josh and Camz are together right now...it's not my place to tell you what's happening, but something serious has sort of popped up...I don't think he'll be bullying her anymore, and just so you know, he did have a reason. He went around it the wrong way, I mean, bullying is always wrong, no matter what...but he was...emotionally unstable." I explained, not wanting to justify Josh's bullying, but also understanding that not everything he did was his fault, emotionally. "I think I could easily set you and Josh up." I said as Leanne blushed, hiding her face in her knees.
"I'll message Camila and see how everything went." I said, taking out my phone and preparing for the worst.

-

Camila POV

"How dare you bring him here Karla, after I told you to drop it!" My mom yelled. She was absolutely infuriated, and I'm not going to deny that it scared me.

"Please mom! We just want answers! You don't understand how much this has effected us both! And I only just found out myself a week or so ago. This isn't fair on any of us and you owe us answers mom!" I yelled, just as angrily as she had, how ever the difference was that her face was bright red, and he neck veins were popping out furiously, and I on the other hand, my face was pale white as I tried to hold back the tears.

"Please, Mrs.Cabello, I just-I want to know why I wasn't good enough." Josh said, holding back his own tears. "None of you know a thing about where I grew up and the rules I had to follow." My mom said, sitting down, as tears began to stream down her face, making me feel guilty as fuck. It doesn't matter how much my mom and I argued, I love her and seeing her cry broke my heart.

"Mami, please, just, explain to us what happened, and why you put Josh up for adoption. I know you hate to face the reality mom, but that's your son!" I said, sitting down beside my mom and resting my hand on her back.

"Okay, Josh, take a seat, this might take a while." My mom said, as she took a deep breath.

-
AN: I didn't proof read this or anything, so just ignore any mistakes please 😂