Chapter 31

Camila POV

Me, Lauren, Normani, Dinah, James and Jaymi were sitting in a booth of a pizza place, waiting patiently for Ally to arrive who claimed she was running late.

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late, this is my friend, Jenna. I hope you guys don't mind her joining us?" Ally asked politely, as we all said our hellos. "Hi, welcome to our crazy group." I said, as Jenna laughed shyly. "It looks very cozy." She said, as my eyes widened at her British accent. "Nice accent, British huh?" I asked as we all shuffled over and made room for Ally and Jenna.

"Yeah, I'm from Blackpool, a place in the UK. I haven't really been living here long, but the beaches are definitely nicer than the ones back home." She said, making us all laugh, Ally in particular. "I miss the UK." Lauren said, leaning into my side sighing. "We should all go when we finish school for summer in a few months." I said, kissing the side of her head as she smiled up at me. "Are you being serious?" She asked, as I nodded.

"Well, Ally and I are going back to Blackpool for a couple of weeks then, you could all come with us, right, Ally?" Jenna said, as Ally nodded bashfully. "Yeah, definitely. It'd be great." Ally said, as Dinah pushed Ally forcefully.

"Ow! Dinah!" Ally said, pouting and holding her arm. "When were you planning on telling us this, short stack? Huh? I feel betrayed." Dinah said, scowling at the smaller girl. "I'm sorry, we only just planned it ourselves a couple of weeks ago." Ally said, as Dinah shook her head. "I'll forgive you...you're lucky I love you." Dinah said, as we laughed at their bickering.

"So, who's in?" Ally asked, as all us girls agreed. "Guys?" Dinah asked James and Jaymi, who all got along extremely well since Dinah and James explained their story to each other. "We'd love to, but unfortunately I have football camp all summer, and Jaymi is gonna tag along with me to watch me play." James said apologetically. Oh well, it could be a girls holiday.

We all chatted amongst ourselves over pizza and honestly, it was great. Ally seems extremely shy and nervous around Jenna and I was seriously going to have to ask her about that later. It all had to end eventually though, as we all cleared up and headed out. I quickly went to the bathroom, and when I was done and heading out front to meet Lauren and the rest of the girls, James and Jaymi already having left, I bumped into two familiar faces.

"Camila?" Mr.Shelley asked, as he and Josh stared at me, making me feel uncomfortable. "Uh, Mr.Shelley...Josh...hi." I said stupidly, cringing at myself. "It's good to see you! I haven't seen you in a while." Mr.Shelley said, looking me up and down, licking his lips as I nodded awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable under his wandering eyes. "And I told you, call me George." He said, flashing me a smile.

"I uh...yeah, I gave up on counselling. Lauren was helping me more than anything and I'm a lot better now. I don't really get bullied a lot anymore either." I said, as George looked at Josh...did George know it was him?

"I um...I actually really need to talk to you, Josh." I said, as he finally made eye contact with me. I noticed quite a few similarities between us now. "M-me? Why?" He asked, as I nodded, "I just...it's about my mom." I said, as he froze up. "Well...George is my best friend, he already knows everything, you can say it in front of him." He told me, as I furrowed my eyebrows. He knew about it all? Yet he acted so oblivious towards me. What a twat.

"I...well...Lauren told me...and I asked my mom about it," I said, as Josh listened intently. "She slapped me and told me to never speak of it again." I said, as he gasped, not very loudly, but loud enough for me to hear. "But here's the thing. I don't want to leave it. I want to get to the bottom of this just as much as you do." I said as he opened his mouth to speak. "I just...I want to know why she and your dad hate me. I can't believe she'd slap you. Have you asked your dad?" He asked desperately, as I flinched.

"He uh, he died. A couple of weeks ago. Thats why I was off school...remember? When you and all your friends were saying it was because me and Lauren were-"
"Yeah!" He said loudly, causing me to stop talking. "Yeah, I uh, I remember." He said, quietly. He looked just as broken as I did. "Um...I have to go before Lauren comes looking for me, but...my mom comes home early from work on Tuesday. You should come over my house...she might talk if you're there." I said, as he nodded.

"If I...if I come earlier...will you tell me about them? About what they were like when you were younger?" He asked, looking scared. I smiled sympathetically. "Of course I will." I said, as we switched numbers to I could text him what time to come over and where my house was.

As I was walking away from them, I could hear George talking about how hot I was, and it made me smile when Josh punched him, making him shut up. I really hope my mom would give us answers.

-

Tuesday was here, and Josh decided to walk home with me, since Lauren was at practice again.
The walk was awkward as we walked side by side in silence. When we got in my house, Josh looked at the pictures of our family that were littered across the walls, and his eyes watered when looking at the one of Me, my dad, my mom and Sofi.

"Is that...your little sister?" He asked, as I walked up slowly behind him, resting my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah...her names Sofi. Shes really sweet. You'll love her, hopefully you can meet her soon?" I asked more than stated, as he turned around and smiled at me. "Hopefully." He said, admiring more pictures before we entered the living room, sitting down adjacent from each other.

I told him everything he wanted to know. Everything about my mom and dad and how they used to be, compared to how they are now. I told him about Sofi, which surprisingly, he was really interested in. He couldn't get over the fact he had a little sister, and he seemed really happy about that.

He apologised to me sincerely numerous times, for the way he treated me, and for the way my dad was treating me before he died. I assured him it was okay, and that I forgave him.
We were getting along really well, and it only just started sinking in that he was in fact my brother. And that was when we hugged for the first time. He held me tightly in his embrace, and it felt good. I hugged him back tightly, as we shed tears on each other's shoulders, only breaking apart when I heard the door open.

"Karla? Who's this?" My mom asked, looking between us suspiciously. Josh was looking at her intently, and I could see in his eyes he was terrified. I was too. It was now or never. "Mom...this is Josh. And we want answers. Now." I said, as my moms face turned pale white, her confused frown turning into a horrified expression.

-

AN: Should I have Ally dating Jenna? Personally I think they'd be cute together 😏