Chapter 39

Lauren POV

"Kylie is on her way now, Jauregui. You know the plan, right? Let her start mouthing off first, argue back a bit, push some of her buttons, and remember, you need to take the hits. You can't hit her back. Once I get a few of her punches on camera, I promise I'm coming to drag her off you, and I'll give her a taste of her own medicine. If you hit her back this could cause the whole plan to backfire. You're 100% sure you can take it, right? Because I don't want your angry little girlfriend beating my ass." Taylor said to me, quite rushed, but I understood what she said.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, I can take it, now go, I need to make it look like I'm actually tidying up the field when she gets here." I said, quickly ushering her away. I took a deep breath, I was literally about to get my ass kicked and I couldn't do anything about it. Camz would freak out later, but Taylor said this will most likely get Kylie expelled, so hopefully, it would be worth it.

I ran over to all the sprawled out jerseys and practice cones on the field, and began folding all the jerseys up. 5 minutes later after folding up the last jersey and placing it neatly in the kit box, I saw Kylie trotting down onto the field over to me, sporting a devilish smirk on her face.
"Well, well, well. Fancy seeing you here, Jauregui, all alone. You can thank your girlfriend later for your expulsion, since she basically told me you were down here alone." Kylie said, as I took a deep breath. Just push some of her buttons, don't fight back.

"Come on Kylie, just leave me alone. You've started enough fights with me, gotten me into major trouble, why can't you just leave it at that. You've basically won." I said, slowly backing away from her, to make her think I was scared.

"Well you see, Jauregui, you've ruined everything for me at this school. Josh is a pussy now, all of my friends look at Camila and just let her pass by, even Leanne doesn't bother with me now because 'you made her realise I was manipulating her for my own gain.'" Kylie said, air quoting what Leanne had said, while threateningly stepping closer to me. "So, here's how this is gonna work. I'm gonna beat the fucking shit out of you, claim you started it, and I finished it in self defence, claim you targeted me, and then you're out of here. And then, when you're god knows where, I'm going to make your little girlfriends life hell. It'll go back to exactly how it used to be. She'll be crying on a daily basis, until the day I fucking kill her Lauren. It's a shame such a hot face like yours went to waste on her, it's also a shame I'm about to well and truly fuck your pretty little face up." Kylie finished her speech, now stood directly in front of me, so close I could smell the mac and cheese she'd ate for lunch. It took everything in me to ignore the things she was saying about Camila, but I couldn't risk ruining this.

I held my hands up in front of my face.
"Please, don't-" I pretended to plead, but I was cut off by a shooting pain through my abdomen. Ignore the pain. Take it. It's worth it. Thats what I kept telling myself, as Kylie decked me onto the floor, straddling my waist. I wriggled around and made it seem as though I was trying to fight back, so Kylie didn't get suspicious. But I think she was too dumb to realise I wasn't even trying to fight back.
A shooting pain shot trough my face as her fists repeatedly swung down onto my nose, jaw and cheeks. I could taste the blood from my nose and mouth, but like Taylor told me, I took it, and like a champ if I must say so myself.

All of a sudden as Kylie moved down, I felt the air being knocked out of my lungs, as a shooting pain shot through my entire body, I could barely breathe, Taylor needed to get out here now.
And as if the heavens above were listening to my pleas, I felt the weight that was Kylie being dragged from my body, as I moved the best I could to see Taylor completely beating the shit out of Kylie. I don't think Kylie got it as bad as what I took, because after a few swings of Taylor's fist, I could clearly see Kylie was knocked unconscious, where as I was lying here completely awake, struggling to breathe.

Taylor came over to me quickly, smiling. "We got it, we got it, Jauregui. I'm gonna go find coach, and it'll all be sorted from there." She said smiling.
I tried to reply, but I couldn't, my ribs were burning, Kylie had definitely struck far too hard.
"Can't-Tay-Tay, I can't-" I tried to get out the best I could, as Taylor's smile disappeared, as she started running.
"Shit, this wasn't meant to happen, hang on, Lauren!" And as she ran towards the coaches office, I knew she was running faster than she'd ever ran before, and I tried to keep my eyes open, but with the pain of my face and my ribs, and the lack of oxygen, everything went to black.

-

Camila POV

Kylie had been gone well over half an hour now, and Taylor and Lauren hadn't sent me a single text. To say I was scared was an understatement. My leg was bouncing up and down at a constant pace, as I bit each and every nail on my fingers down through an anxiety induced nervous break down.

My anxiety wasn't helped when I saw blue and red flashing lights coming from down at the training field, as the whole class got up to try and look at the sound of either an ambulance or police car. My phone finally buzzed in my pocket. I took it out quickly my hands shaking.

From: Taylor
- Something went wrong. I'm sorry, Mila. The plan went accordingly but Kylie struck Lauren's ribs a bit too hard. They think she's broken a couple of Lauren's ribs and winded her. She's on a stretcher now, unconscious.-

I felt the tears falling down my face, as I picked my bag up off the floor, and darted towards the door, quickly sending a text to Dinah to meet me IMMEDIATELY at the front of the school. The teacher was shouting after me, telling me to get back, but I ignored the shouting, I'd deal with the consequences later.

Luckily Dinah wasted no time in getting to me, as a panicked look was on her face. "What's happened, Walz? There's sirens and-"
I cut her off quickly.
"Lauren! Hospital, Dinah, we need to go now!" I said, rather loudly, as Dinah nodded. "Yeah, okay, I got you, Mila." She said, as we headed towards the parking lot, Dinah taking her keys out of her bag.
-

Wooo, finally an update. Sorry it's short, I have no working phone until Christmas, but I'm using an old phone and luckily it worked! I don't think there'll be many chapters of this left now until the end of the book, so if you have time, please go vote for all the chapters, leave comments (your guys comments actually make my day😂) and thank you for supporting this book for so long (despite the fact it's pretty shitty!) xox