Chapter 9

Lauren's POV
Monday was finally here, and I was up bright and early for my second day of school. It's weird iv been here for a whole week but only had one day of school. I hadn't seen Camila since Saturday morning. We all stayed with her and her sister on Friday night until her mom came back on the Saturday morning, and that was the last any of us had seen or heard from her.
I packed my PE kit into my bag quickly, and made my way downstairs. I was already running late, so I grabbed a slice of toast quickly, yelled bye to everyone, and ran outside to my car. I checked my phone in hopes of anything from camila, but there was nothing. I let out a sigh, started my car and made my way to school.
I ran into my home room, and took a seat beside Ally. There was only me and Ally together in home room, but I think Dinah, Camila and Mani were all in the same home room. "Hey, have you heard from Mila?" Ally asked when I took my seat beside her. I shook my head. "No, I'm really worried about her." I told her truthfully. "Me too. I mean her dad just died...can you believe it? Everything had just started going so well for her." Ally said shaking her head. "I know, it's ridiculous. What did she ever do to deserve this. Camz is one of the kindest people ever...she really doesn't deserve this." I agreed.
The home room teacher came in, did the reg, handed out letters and made announcements, and before I knew it I was heading to PE waving bye to Ally, as she headed to AP History.
I headed into the changing rooms, and it sounded like something was kicking off. I went in and saw everyone crowded around Camila, kicking her, shouting at her and just being horrible, and Camila just stood emotionless, like some sort of human punch bag! I ran over as quick as I could but before I could do anything, people saw me and scattered almost instantly. I sat down, making Camila sit down beside me. She flinched when I touched her, as she still sat staring forward. "Camila? Camz?" I said shaking her shoulder lightly.
"Lauren?" She asked, finally turning to face me. When she saw me, she instantly burst into tears, throwing herself into my arms hugging me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her comfortingly. "Breathe. I'm here it's okay." I told her, rubbing her back reassuringly. She stopped crying and finally looked at me. "There's two things I need to tell you...well one thing I need to tell you and one thing I need to ask you." She said, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. There was nobody in the changing rooms anymore, and we were probably going to get into so much trouble for being late but I didn't care. "Okay...." I said slightly confused.
"Well...first...um...my dad's funeral is Wednesday, and...and I don't think-I don't think I can go alone. Please come with me?" She said looking at me with pleading eyes. "Of course I will, you know I'd do anything for you." I told her, wiping another escaped tear off of her face with my thumb. "Okay, good. Thank you." She told me smiling at me, weakly but still genuine.
"Okay, and um, secondly. Okay. This is kind of good news I suppose." She told me. "Okay, go on." I told her intertwining our fingers together.
"Okay...well-we've been sorting my dad's will out-and um, well-he left-he left the house to my mom, Sofi and me...so we-well were not moving anymore." She told me, as I felt a smile spreading across my face. "That's amazing! Oh my god." I said, capturing her into a bone crushing hug. "Lo, can't-breathe." She told me, but still hugging back anyway. I pulled away quickly. "Sorry, it's just-oh my god I'm so happy." I told her laughing. "Me too." She said, smiling happily as I leaned in and gave her a kiss.i helped her clean up before we made our way into PE class.
The first couple of lessons passed rather quickly, and already it was lunch time and we were sitting on the grass with Dinah, Normani and Ally. After everybody crushed Camila with hugs, she finally told them the news that she'd be staying, only to be crushed with even more hugs, especially Dinah.
Camila POV
I'm glad everyone was happy I was staying. We were all just talking about random things, when all of a sudden I felt a sharp shooting pain on my head. I looked up holding my head, to see Josh and Kylie laughing, as I looked down to see a rather big rock in front of me. I was panicking incase Normani, Dinah or Ally seen them throw it, I really didn't want them to know about the bullying. I rubbed my head, as it was really hurting, confused at the soft wet feeling, but thinking I was imagining it, I ignored it and turned around to carry in my conversation with Dinah.
"So Mila, how's Sofi, have you-what the fuck is that on your head?" Dinah asked, her eyes going wide.
"Dinah don't curse!" Ally yelled, turning to face me. "Oh my fucking God." Ally said once she looked at me. "Allyson Hernandez!" Normani scolded. "No, Mani, Laur, look at her head." Ally said, as both Dinah and Lauren now turned to face me. "Guys I'm starting to feel really dizzy right now." I told them, rubbing my head again, and looking at the red substance on my hand, as the ground started spinning. "Oh my God Camz, I think you need to go to a hospital..." Lauren said, as Josh and Kylie looked at eachother worriedly, running away quickly, Lauren noticed their quick exit, and apparently not being the only one, since Dinah picked the rock up. "They threw it at you on purpose...didn't they?" Dinah asked already knowing the answer.
I nodded, which just made my head throb more. "I'm going to go and kill them, I swear I'll rip their-"
"Dinah! I know, we all want to kill them right now, but please, can you help me get Camila to a teacher or something?" Lauren asked, as she helped me stand up. I stumbled a bit at first, feeling really light headed, but Lauren and Dinah kept a hold of me, keeping me up right, while Ally and Dinah ran ahead to get a teacher.
I slowly felt my eyes closing, and the last thing I could remember before blacking out, was Lauren's scent as I collapsed into her arms.
Lauren POV
"You know were going to have to tell a teacher about Kylie and Josh bullying her?" Dinah said, as Camila lay, still knocked out in the doctors room.
"I know, I know...but she's going to be so mad...you know she won't want to tell anyone." I said.
"She's right Dinah, she's not going to tell anyone with out us forcing her, and she's going to get mad." Ally said.
"Well, I'm with Dinah. What if the rock was bigger, it could have caused more damage. Luckily she only needed stitches but what if she needed like A&E?" Normani said, as Camila stirred around, slowly opening her eyes.
"Ah, fuck." Camila said, sitting up slowly reaching towards her head.
"Don't touch it!" Dinah said quickly, as Camila lowered her arm back down.
"It's just been stitched up..." Dinah said, answering Camila's silent question.
"What happened...?" Camila asked, looking around confused. "And why are you all staring at me like I'm in some kind of freak show?" She asked, looking at every one of us. "Look, Mila. You'd better tell us how long Kylie and Josh have been bullying you because I swear I'm going-"
"Dinah!" I cut her off before she could continue. "I know you want to kill them, we all do. But incase you've forgotten, Camz has just had a massive rock pelted at her head...remember what the doctor said?" I reminded her, in hopes of calming her down.
She let out a deep sigh. "I know Laur,I'm sorry. Sorry, Mila." Dinah said, relaxing and sitting down next to Ally.
"What did the doctor say?" Camila asked, clearly confused. "What I said was, you can't be around too much noise. This included shouting, loud music, and just anything noisy really. It will trigger really painful headaches for you. Which is why you're going home for the rest of your school day." The doctor said entering the room. "I'm Doctor Shayne." He said, shaking Camilas hand. "Ladies," he said turning to face Me, Mani, Ally and a Dinah. "I'm afraid you're all going to have to go back to school. You all still have 2 lessons left and since there is nothing wrong with any of you, I cannot send you home." He told us apologetically.
"What about Camila?" I asked.
"Iv already called her mom, she's on her way to pick her up so, please, don't get yourselves or me into any trouble, and make your way to school." He asked kindly. "Okay, thank you Doctor Shayne." Ally said as we all stood up.
"Wait!" I said quickly turning back around. I ran up to Camila, and captured her lips in mine. "I'll come around yours after school to see you okay?" I asked her, as she nodded in response. She nodded smiling at me, still holding onto my hand. I kissed her one last time heading towards the door, our hands only separating when they could no longer reach. "I love you Camz." I told her as I reached the door.
"I love you too Lo!" She yelled, as finally I left the hospital, and we all jumped back into Dinah's car and made our way back to school. "You're so whipped." Dinah said as Ally and Normani agreed. "Well...so what if I am...I love her." I said, looking down sheepishly, as I could feel my cheeks going red. "Aw, how cute!" Ally said happily, pinching my cheeks.
"Well...I'm glad you love her, I mean Mila, she really loves you Lauren." Dinah said, more seriously now.
"She does?" I asked, a smile spreading across my face. "Yeah, I mean Mila would never have sex with someone she'd only been dating less than a week." Dinah said, concentrating on the road. "We didn't have sex...we made love." I argued. "There's a difference?" Normani asked, looking at me confused. "Well, yeah." I replied simply. "How? I mean it's pretty much the same thing, right?" Dinah asked. Well this conversation had took a weird turn.
"Wrong. Having sex with someone is when your bored and horny, so you'll do it with the first person you lay your eyes on, doing it simply to satisfy your own needs. Making love to someone is when you do it with the one person you want to spend your whole life with, not because you're horny or desperate, but because you love that person." I told them, "So therefore, we made love." I told them, finishing my speech. "Damn, Laur, that was deep." Dinah said, as we stopped at a red light. "That was so sweet, if only Mila heard what you said!" Normani laughed. "Oh, I'm going to tell Mila what she just said! Don't worry. That was way to cute to dismiss." Ally said laughing, as we pulled into the school parking lot.
"Thanks guys...thanks a lot." I said, walking into the school with red cheeks.
Camila POV
"I didn't realise she was your girlfriend." Doctor Shayne said, as he filled out a prescription for me to get some painkillers for my head. "Although that explains why she was so worried when they brought you here." He said laughing to himself. I was secretly praying my mom would hurry up, it's not that I didn't like Doctor Shayne, he was young, kind and funny...it's just it was so awkward being in a room alone with him, while he attempted to create a conversation. "She was worried about me?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Worried is an understatement. She was crying when they brought you in, I had to talk to her for about ten minutes, promising her you were going to be okay, before she stopped crying." He told me, laughing a bit...which to be honest I didn't find it funny that my LoLo was upset and worried. "Why are you laughing?" I asked, as he stopped to look at me.
"I don't know, I guess it was kind of funny how worked up she got over a cut on your head." He said smirking. I could tell he was only a couple of years older than us, because honestly, he wasn't exactly very mature, especially for a doctor. "Well, I don't think it's funny." I told him bluntly. I don't care if he thought I was rude, infact I hope he did think I was being rude, maybe then he'd shut up trying to talk to me.
"Anyway..." He said, coughing awkwardly. "I thought she was a sister or some family member." He said, handing me the slip of paper. "Yeah...well you thought wrong." I told him, stuffing the prescription in my pocket. "Hey, I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry." He told me, obviously realising how pissed off I was. "Just don't make jokes about my girlfriend. She was worried about me, and that's not funny." I snapped. "Woah, I'm really sorry. Look, let me make it up to you, let me take you out sometime." He said, winking. "Okay, that's it!" I said, annoyed. "How old are you?" I asked, standing up. "20." He said smugly. "Okay so maybe you'll understand this. I have a girlfriend! A girlfriend who I love, a lot. So I won't go out anywhere with you." I told him, more like shouted at him.
"You're both only what 17 or something. You guys probably don't even know the meaning of love. Besides, I'm a guy, I could do way better things for you." He said, raising his eyebrows at me. I couldn't stop myself this time, my hand came into contact with his face, as a slap sound filled the room, followed my my mothers gasp, and Doctor Shaynes groaning in pain. "KARLA!" My mother said rushing into the room. Wow, what bad timing mom.
"I'm so sorry about my daughter." My mom said, looking at his now red raw face. "Do you want me to get an ice pack?" My mom asked. "Yes, please. Damn, your daughter has a strong slap." He groaned, sitting down in his chair. "There's ice packs in that small freezer over there, of course they're usually for patients." He said to my mom. Still trying to be a smart ass, even when he's hurt. "Karla, get the doctor and ice pack now!" My mom yelled. She hadn't even let me explain, and I knew she wasn't going to. I was in so much trouble when we left here.
I dragged my feet to the freezer and pulled out an ice pack, taking it over and handing it to my mother. She helped Doctor Shayne hold the ice pack on his face, where my hand print was now imprinted in a purple-blue bruise. I don't care, he deserved it anyway.
After about another 20 mintes of apologising, and helping him as much as she could, my mother checked her watch. "I'm so sorry, have to go and pick my youngest up from school. Please forgive my daughters behaviour." My mom said glaring at me. "It's quite alright. I'll see your daughter in 3 weeks to remove the stitches." He said staring at me.
"Of course, thank you Doctor." My mom said grabbing my arm and dragging me out. "Thank you for your help Mrs.Cabello." Doctor Shayne yelled as we left the hospital, my mom sending him one last wave.
"What was that?!" My mom yelled as soon as we got into the car. "He-" I started, but she didn't even let me get that far. "Look, I know your grieving with everything that's happened...but you can't take your anger and hurt out on other people. Especially not people that are trying to help you. I'm sorry, sweetheart, but your grounded for this week." My mom told me, as I sighed frustratedly. "But mom!" I yelled, trying to get my story out. "No buts Karla! Unless you want to make it this week and this weekend?" She asked sternly. I just closed my mouth, and looked out the window, annoyed with that stupid doctor. "Anyway, how did you cut your head open?" My mom asked as we neared Sofi's school. "I-" I was debating weather I should tell the truth or not, but decided against it. "I tripped and fell...you know me...too clumsy to handle." I said, refusing to make eye contact with my mother. I hated lying to her, but I just couldn't tell the truth about all of this, it would make everything worse. "Oh, Karla. You need to start being more careful." My mom said, as she parked outside of Sofi's school. "Go and wait outside of the school gates for your little sister please Karla, she'll be happy to see you." My mom said, closing her eyes, and rubbing her temple frustratedly.
"But she's not out for another 15 minutes." I protested. It was cold and raining outside, I didn't want to wait for 15 minutes in that. "Please, Karla, just do as you're told for once!" My mom snapped. I quickly got out the car without arguing...someone was in a bad mood, and I couldn't help but think that it was my fault.
Finally, after what felt like forever, all the little kids started flowing out of the school, running happily to their parents, who might I add, all had umbrellas, while I stood here in a tank top and denim shorts, with ripped converse, freezing my Cuban butt off.
"KAKI!" I heard my sister shout, as she ran up to me, wrapping her small arms around my body. "Hey, princess, sorry I'm not exactly great hugging material right now." I appologised, crouching down and kissing her head. "I don't care, iv missed you!" She said hugging me again, this time, wrapping her arms around my kneck, as I was still crouched down. "What happened to your head?" Sofi asked. "Oh, your silly old sister was just being clumsy again." I told her. "Hey, since we've been quite distant lately, how about me and Lauren take you out to a movie on Saturday?" I asked her, as her face lit up. "Yeah! Can Dad come too...I haven't seen him for a few days..." Sofi said, her smile turning to a frown. My mom still hadn't told her?! "No, Sofi...dad can't come, not this time." I told her, trying my best to hide my anger. I was so annoyed that my mom still hadn't told Sofi about our dad yet.
"Why? Is he away working?" Sofi asked as I stood up, grabbing her hand. "No Sof, he's just...away." I told her as we made our way towards the car. "Come on Sofi, I'm really cold." I told her as she hurried her pace. Once in the car, I made sure she had her seatbelt on, before putting my own seatbelt on, as my mom started driving home.
-------------------<3------------------------
"What do you mean she's too young to understand?" I shouted at my mom when Sofi went upstairs. We'd been home for about an hour and a half, Lauren would be home from school soon. "How do you expect me to tell her her dad isn't coming home? Because he's dead? She'll be devastated." My mom told me, obviously annoyed that I'd brought the topic up. "She'll be more devastated if she thinks he just doesn't love her anymore." I told my mom seriously. Before we could argue anymore, there was a knock on the door. "If you haven't told her by tonight, I'll tell her myself." I said angrily at my mom before going to answer the door.
Lauren was standing there in the rain, and her eyes lit up when she saw me at the door. "Hi, how're you feeling?" She asked, handing me a bouquet of beautiful flowers. "Thank you." I said smiling at her gratefully, smelling the flowers, which, might I add, smelt amazing. "Come in before you get ill." I told her, moving over as she stepped inside. "I'm feeling great thanks Lo, although my head still hurts." I told her laughing awkwardly, as I made my way into the kitchen, placing the flowers carefully down on the bench, Lauren following behind me. I wrapped my arms around her, smiling into the hug, even though she was freezing cold an wet. "It's great to know you still want to hug me even when I'm drenched in rain." She said laughing, reciprocating the hug. "It's fine, I had to stand in the rain for fifteen minutes in nothing but my shorts and crop top earlier." I told her laughing. "What? Why?" She asked.
"I had to pick Sofi up and my mom was mad at me..." I told her, sitting down.
"Camila, don't forget you're grounded! Lauren can stay in with you, but you're not going out!" My mom yelled from the front room. "See?" I said, laughing at how my mom had proved my point.
"Camz...?" Lauren said, raising her eyebrow at me. "What?..." I asked, staring into Lauren's amazing eyes.
"What did you do?" She asked, as we both sat down at the table.
"Nothing..." I lied, slightly. "Okay,just know it was his fault not mine!" I told her quickly. "What? Who?" She asked clearly confused. "Oh...nothing...I just may have punched...well slapped...Doctor Shayne..." I said awkwardly. "Why did you do that?" Lauren asked shocked, although I could tell she was trying not to laugh.
"Because...he was trying to make me go out with him, even when I told him I was dating you. Apart from that, he kept laughing at how you were so worried about me. He wouldn't stop, so I hit him...just as my mom walked in. She won't let me tell her what happened, but it was worth it." I told her awkwardly. "Aw Camz, that's so cute." She told me, smiling goofily at me. "It's cute that I hit someone?" I asked, raising my eyebrow in disbelief. "Well...sort of." She said laughing that infectious laugh, causing my smile to become wider. "Come on." I said standing up, and holding my hand out for Lauren. "Where are we going?" Lauren asked, standing up, taking hold of my hand. "Well you're all wet so were going upstairs-" I stopped mid sentence as Lauren began wriggling her eyebrows at me suggestively. "Not like that!" I told her, hitting her arm playfully. "Why not?" She asked smirking. "Because...my mom and Sofi are in the house." I told her, as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "So you're saying if they weren't..." She started, as she lowered her hands slowly down my back. "If they weren't then yes, I would make love to you again, Jauregui, but unluckily for you they are." I told her as I felt her hands move up my shirt, the sudden cold contact sending shivers up my back. "I think you're the unlucky one." She laughed, as her finger tips traced patterns on my bare back underneath my t shirt. I didn't reply, scared that if I opened my mouth a moan would slip out. "So? What are you girls doing tonight?" My mom asked entering the kitchen, her back to us. I heard Lauren chuckling as she quickly removed her hands from inside my Tshirt, just on time as my mom turned around to face us. I can imagine I looked very flushed, and I didn't even have to look at Lauren to know she had a smug grin plastered on her face.
"Were just watching a film." I barely managed to say, my voice sounding very squeaky, which jus made Lauren laugh more. I coughed awkwardly, hoping my mom didn't hear.
"Are you okay Camila?" My mom asked, a confused look upon her face. "Yeah...fine." I said, luckily not squeaky this time. "Well...were going to watch Marley and Me!" I said quickly, grabbing Lauren's hand and dragging her with me upstairs. Lauren was almost crying with laughter when we made it into my room. "You sounded like a boy going through puberty." Lauren said, wiping away fake tears from her eye. "It was your fault, I'll make you pay later." I told her, smirking deviously. "Now...go get changed!" I said throwing some of my clothes at her. "Maybe you'd like to come with me?" She said smiling cheekily. "Just go!" I said, laughing at her behaviour. I could still hear her chuckling to herself as she closed my bedroom door and made her way to the bathroom, as I set the DVD up and waited for her to return.
----------------------------------------------
AN: I'm so sorry this chapter is crap, and that it took so long to update. Iv had no internet but I promise the next chapter will be better and hopefully it'll be here quicker. Thank you for all the votes, I really appreciate it!:)