Chapter 2

Camila POV

I went with Lauren to the reception, where she had to fill out a few forms and things. She also had to tell them if she liked her first lesson or not and if she wanted to have her time table switched around, and obviously she said no, probably because I was the only person she knew.

It actually took quite a while to sort, and by the time we were finished we'd missed our second lesson of the day, thank The Lord, or in this case, thank Lauren.

We were walking towards our usual spot on the field at lunch time to meet the other girls.

"Hey freak!" Some one laughed, shoving me so hard it sent me and Lauren flying. They carried on walking as the boy who pushed me, Josh, looked back laughing obviously proud.

Lauren stood up quickly, grabbing my hand, helping me up.

"You okay Camz? Stupid bastard I'll kill him-" she started saying annoyed with him.

"I'm fine, please don't say anything to him, he might turn on you. Sorry for knocking you over." I said a little embarrassed.

"It's fine I'm not hurt, you on the other hand have a massive piece of glass sticking in your hand." She said taking my hand gently in hers. I looked at my hand which was bleeding and surely enough, there was a big pice of glass there. I hadn't even noticed it or the pain it caused, until Lauren mentioned it. I was too worried about the embarrassment of sending my crush flying to the ground. I went to take the glass out but Lauren stopped me.

"Don't. It'll bleed a lot more and it might get infected. We need to take it out when we have a first aid kit, so we can clean it and wrap a bandage around it." She explained. I looked into her eyes. "Wow, I really think you're going to be a doctor when you're older you know." I said laughing. "Why thank you, an you'll probably be a regular patient." She said laughing.

I swatted her arm playfully, and pouted.

"As cute as your face looks right now Camz, we need to go to the school nurse. Come on." She said, taking hold of my wrist gently.

"Do you even know where the school nurse is?" I asked. "Nope, but I'm sure you do, you're probably there everyday you clumsy little shit." She said flashing me her signature smile. "Hey, it's not my fault clumsiness is my only talent." I joked.

"Don't be stupid, and sure you have a lot of other talents." She said more seriously.

I took us to the school nurses office, where I sat down, as Lauren stood next to me.

"Yeah...my other talent is eating." I told her causing us both to laugh.

Lauren's POV

"This might hurt a bit Karla." The nurse said, as she dabbed an antiseptic wipe on Camz's wound.

"Ow! Don't." Camila yelled pulling her hand back.

"Look Karla, I know this hurts but either you're going to have to pull it out, or I will. You can't just leave it there." The nurse explained, patiently.

"Well...can't Lauren help me pull it out?" She asked.

Why did she trust me and not the professional nurse. Not that I was complaining. And why was the nurse calling her Karla?

"Well, if she wants too, but your going to have to make your mind up, it's a pretty bad wound." The nurse explained.

"Lo, help me please?" She said looking up at me with those beautiful brown orbs.

I smiled. "Uh, yeah, sure but don't like, knock me out if I hurt you." I said jokingly.

I kneeled down in front of her and took the wipe off the nurse. I carefully placed it over the wound gripping into the glass. I expected Camz to flinch or yell, but she didn't. She stayed as still as a statue.