Chapter 6

Camila POV

Lauren's parents were sitting across from us waiting for us to tell them what was going on. I could tell Lauren was nervous.

"Well...you'll always love me no matter what right?" Lauren asked. "What sort of question is that? Of course we will!" Her mom said. "Lauren?" Her dad asked. "Yeah daddy?" Lauren asked, her voice shaking slightly. "Are you pregnant?" He asked, sounding slightly annoyed. I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. Lauren gave me a death glare and nudged me in the ribs. "Ow!" I yelled, holding my ribs dramatically. "Camz, now isn't the time for laughing!" She whispered annoyed. "Sorry...." I said glumly. "Dad i can assure you I'm not pregnant." Lauren said running her hand through her hair, something she did a lot when she felt pressured or awkward.

"So what is it then?" He asked, sighing in relief, due to that fact his daughter was in fact not pregnant.

"It's just...well..." She began, looking over at me. I sent her a loving smile, in hopes of boosting her confidence.

"Mom, dad...I'm in a relationship with Camila." Lauren said quickly, looking away from her parents. I closed my eyes, scared to hear, or see, their reaction. There was an awkward silence. "Honey, look at me." Her mom said, I was still looking away, and I felt Lauren grab my hand, holding it tightly. "If you're happy, then that's all your farther and I ask from you. Right Mike?" Her mom said, which made me realease the breath I'd been holding back. "Of course. And Camila, well you seem like a nice girl, and if my daughter likes you then that's up to her, I just hope you're both really sure about this, and you both know what you want, because if you hurt my daughter I won't be happy." Her dad said, as I opened my eyes, finally, and her mom and dad were looking at me smiling. "Dad don't say that! You'll scare her away!" Lauren said, holding my hand tighter. "No Lauren he's right, but he has nothing to worry about, because I love you, and it will take a lot more than that to scare me away. Mr and Mrs Jauregui, thank you, and don't worry I'd never hurt your daughter, because she's my whole world." I said, as I looked over at Lauren, who had the most adorable smile on her face that iv ever seen. "Well I'm glad to hear that, Camila, but please call us Clara, and Mike." Her dad said, sending me a smile, which I returned gratefully. "Oh and one more thing Camila." Clara said standing up. "Welcome to the family." She said opening her arms. I felt tears running down my check, as I stood up and hugged her. "Thank you so much Clara." I said as I pulled away from her.

"Thank you Mike." I said happily as Lauren stood up and hugged me. She was also crying and I was just so grateful and happy that Lauren's parents accepted us.

"Okay, with all that being said, what would you girls like for dinner? There's Pasta, Burgers, Pizza-"

"PIZZA!" I yelled before Clara could even finish. She just laughed at my enthusiasm before standing up and heading to the kitchen to cook the pizza. "So, Camila have you told your parents yet?" Mike asked me. "I...well I told my mom...she didn't quite take the news so well..." I replied nervously.

"Oh, that's a shame, I'm sure she'll come around soon enough. You're always welcome to stay here if things get awkward at home." He told me. "Thank you." I replied. Lauren's parents were so nice, I wish my parents could be like them, even just a tiny bit.

"Lauren, you're aware you're going to have to tell your brother and sister at some point, I think Chris has a crush on your girlfriend." Mike said, turning to face Lauren, laughing slightly.

"Well Camilas staying over tonight, so we'll tell them tomorrow morning. And Chris can back off. He can go and find his own girlfriend, Camilas mine." Lauren said, grabbing my hand. I couldn't help but blush, which caused me to hide my face in Lauren's kneck. I felt her kiss my head lightly, and heard a "they grow up too fast." Finished with a laugh, before her dad got up and went somewhere. Probably to his office or to the bathroom or something.