Chapter 26

Camila POV

"Mom, we really need to talk." I said, as Dinah, Normani and Lauren all left my house. My mom looked slightly scared, as I signalled for her to take a seat.
She sat down slowly beside me, as we sat in a very uncomfortable silence, for a good five minutes, at least.

"Well...would you like to tell me what's going on?" My mom asked, as I shuffled in my seat. "I know...I know something, that both you and dad kept from me, all my life. And I want you to know I'm not mad at you for keeping it from me." I told my mom, refusing to make eye contact with her. When I looked up at her, she was staring at me, seemingly confused.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Karla." My mom denied, turning away from me. Was she being serious?
"Mom...I've just told you I know...and you're still trying to hide it from me?" I asked, as she shrugged. "Well, tell me what I'm apparently hiding from you." My mom challenged, as I let out a sigh.

"I know I have a brother, Mom." I said as my mom stood up quickly. "No, you don't. Where did this silly...silly accusation come from?" My mom asked, rather defensively.

"He bullied me, everyday of my life. And do you want to know why? Because the fact you abandoned him as a baby, left him growing up with problems that he couldn't control! He thought he was worthless, and had no clue what he did as a baby to make you and Dad not love him! And he's not the only one wanting to know why you chose me and not him." I shouted. I never once I'm a million years thought I'd be defending Josh, but here I was, arguing with my mom for him.

"Look, Karla. You do NOT have a brother. So erase those ridiculous thoughts from your head right now!" My mom shouted, as I shook my head.
"How can you have the nerve to keep denying this?" I yelled, standing up now as well.  "Because, Karla. You should be grateful. Would you have rather we abandoned you, too? Is that what you wanted to hear? He may be your brother biologically, but as of the day we gave him up, he was no longer your brother. So forget it! Your father and Is decision were justified, but you're too young to understand!" My mom shouted, as I began to feel sick to my stomach.

"Too young? Mom, I'm not 6! I'm 16! Why can't you just tell me, what on earth possessed you to give your own child up?!" I demanded, as my mom suddenly struck me across the cheek with the back of her hand.

I knew it was my fault, I had pushed her...I deserved it. Yet, I still couldn't prevent the tears from falling down my cheek. I'm glad Lauren didn't stay with me for this talk, because at that moment, she'd have blown up at my mom.

I know I should have probably stayed to finish this talk with my mom, but honestly, I couldn't. I was crying, and I felt so weak...I had to leave. I ran out the house, my mom calling my name. I didn't listen, I just carried on running.

Lauren POV

It was weird to actually be spending time with my family, because lately, I'd either been spending all my time with Camila or all my time studying.

"So Lauren, how do you like basketball?" My Dad asked me, as we all sat around the dinner table, eating dinner together. "It's...alright." I said, not too enthusiastically. "You didn't sound too sure about that, hon." My mom said, as I shrugged.

"I mean, you know me, I love playing sports. But...it just...practice takes up all of my time. I never get to see Camila at school hardly, and there's this really annoying girl on the team, she just follows me around. They can't even put me in a proper game yet, because I haven't attended enough practices." I complained, as my parents gave me a sympathetic look.

"It may be irritating now, but you see Camila plenty outside of school. And besides, this girl may seem annoying now, but maybe some new friends wouldn't be so bad." My dad tried to reason with me. "I guess...but with anger management and after school practices and then whatever Camila does after school sometimes...we hardly get to spend time together anymore. And I have Normani, Dinah and Ally...I don't need NEW friends. Besides, some of the other girls on the basketball team, they told me this annoying girl has a crush on me. I don't want her following me around if she does." I said, my mom rubbing my shoulder in attempt to comfort me.