Chapter 35

Lauren's POV

So, apparently the school rang my parents to enquire why I was absent, so here I am in the principals office, in trouble once again, as my mom sat next to me, her facial expression showing she was clearly annoyed.

"I came back, didn't I?" I stated, as the principal shook his head disappointedly. "That's not the point Lauren. Look, teenagers bunk off, it's what you kids do, but someone who's already in enough bother as you are right now, you really need to start thinking about your actions and the consequences they'll have." The principal told me, as my mom agreed with him, making me sigh in frustration.

"I've given you ample amount of chances to redeem yourself, Lauren, and you keep throwing that back in my face. I'm scared what we're doing for you isn't enough, and that you don't appreciate our efforts." The principal said, as I pinched the bridge of my nose, holding back all the sarcastic and witty comments my mouth wanted to throw out there.

"I do appreciate it, it's just, I had something really important to do and-" the principal cut me off almost immediately. "Something more important than science? Something more important than getting the grades you need to graduate?" He asked me, annoying me even more.

"Your grades have been slipping a lot lately, Lauren, and I hate to be the one to bring this to everyone's attention, but you need to brings those D's and E's up to B's within the next 3 months." The principal said, as my mom flashed a horrified glance my way. I may have forgotten to mention how bad my grades were to my mom...

"Well I'm not the one who chose to join the stupid basketball team, if I wasn't in practice every other day instead of in my lessons, then I wouldn't be failing!" I said, getting angry now.

"Lauren you know fine well you need a sports team for extra credit, your files aren't exactly looking dapper right now, and you need the sports to get the attention of colleges and university's." I tried my best to ignore the fact my principal just used the word 'dapper' and continued to argue my point.

"Well it's not my fault nobody would believe me when I said I was being fucking bullied!" I yelled, slamming my firsts down on the desk, startling my mom and the principal.
"Lauren! Watch your language!" My mom scolded as I scoffed.

"I told you in confidence I was being bullied, all because Camila got bullied and I defended her. I wouldn't change that, I'd defend her to the ends of the earth, but I at least expected something to be done about it...I didn't expect to get shot down and punished for being fucking bullied." I said, as I stormed out the principals office absolutely fuming.

"I'll see that she's punished for this sir, and I apologise on behalf of my daughter for her behaviour." I heard my mom say, before she exited the office and glared at me.

"Car. Now." She said angrily, as I gulped, knowing my mom was not happy at all.

-

Camila POV

"Hey baby." I said, as Lauren picked up her phone, my face going red as Clara replied. "Um, it's Clara." She said chuckling as I apologised. "Um, can I please talk to Lauren?" I asked, missing my girlfriend more than anything.

"I'm afraid you can't right now. Lauren's grounded for two weeks, and she's not allowed her phone or any other electronic devices. Although I'm not completely cruel so I've let her keep her CD player and Nintendo DS." Clara said making me laugh.

"What did she do this time I asked?" Wondering what mischievous antics my girlfriend had been up to now. "She skipped a lesson in school and then lashed out in the principals office." Clara said, as I shook my head. I told her she should have met up with Jenna when she didn't have lessons to attend.