Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

"This has got to stop Lauren!" My mom yelled at me, as I sat in the principals office, an ice pack over my black eye, tissue over my bust open nose and lip, as I held my ribs in pain. That was like a 5V1, and it's fair to say, me being the one, had no chance.

"I'm not trying to cause an argument Mrs.Jauregui, but this is Lauren's third or so fight since she started school here not long ago. We don't condone this sort of behaviour." The principal said, looking at me disappointedly.

"None of you understand, I didn't start this! They jumped on me!" I tried to argue, flinching in pain as every limb in my body ached.

"I want to believe you, Lauren, I really do. But we know about your anger issues. And Kylie has never been in a fight before until you came along." The principal said, as I opened my mouth to protest again, but got interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in!" The principal called, as a familiar brunette walked through the door. I tried my best to hide my face from my girlfriend, but the principals office was very small, and there was no chance I was going unnoticed.

"Oh my god, Lauren? What happened? I had no idea where-"
"Miss Cabello. Is there a reason you came here?" The principal interrupted my rambling girlfriend, as I just sat there with my head hung low.

"Well, the teacher sent me to tell you that Lauren was no where to be found but..." Camila said, adverting her gaze to me. "Tell your teacher that Lauren won't be returning to lessons today, as she is with me." He said, dismissing Camila.

"Babe, are you okay?" Camila asked me, moving closer to me, caressing my face gently. "Yeah, don't worry I'm-"
"If that is all, Miss Cabello, you can leave now." The principal rudely interrupted me, as Camila looked at me apologetically. "I'll call you later, Camzi. Don't worry about me." I told her, as she hesitantly nodded, before leaving the office, softly closing the door behind her.

"As I was saying, Lauren. You seem to have brought a lot of trouble here to this school with you. Clearly, there is something going on with you, so I'm not going to kick you out of this school." The principal said, slowly and creepily crossing his arms, and leaning back in his chair, as my mom let out a sigh of relief.

"But..." He continued, as I let out a rather load groan of annoyance. I knew there would be a catch. "If you get into one more spot of bother, weather that be a detention, or an argument in the hallway or even a slip up in your grades, you're out." He told me, as I internally groaned to myself. This was so unfair. Kylie and her friend didn't even have a scratch on them, and here I was beaten and bruised, getting the blame and being punished. Why would I start a fight with five other people, nobody would do that, besides The Undertaker or The Rock but apart from that, nobody is that stupid.

"Okay, okay. I promise. I'll not get into anymore trouble and I'll keep my grades up." I gave in. At least he wasn't kicking me out. My mom would kill me.

"I also want you to get yourself some extra credit. I want you to join a sports team. Weather that be cheerleading, basketball or-" I cut him off. "Wait, wait, wait. Don't you have to tryout for these things? What if I don't even make it?" I questioned, as he leaned forward.
"You tell me what team you want to join, and I'll see to it that you have your spot. Of course, you'll have to practice a lot more than the other players, and put your all into it, but it'll be good for you Lauren." The teacher told me, staring at me expectantly. "Fine, fine.
I'll join the basketball team." I said, pushing my hair nervously through my hair.

"Great, come and see me tomorrow Lauren, and we'll have it all sorted. Until then, head home, get some rest, and prepare to be the best student you can be." He told me, with a big creepy smile. My mom stood up from
Where she was sitting, thanking the principal over and over again, as we left the school building. I had a lot of explaining to do when I call Camila later.