Chapter 16

Camila POV
-
"She called me Camila, Dinah! She never calls me Camila. She must be really mad at me." I said, trying to wipe away the tears that kept making a re-appearance. "Mila, she's just worried about you, and I'm not taking sides, but, she's not the only one." Dinah told me, rubbing my shoulder, a sympathetic look on her face. "I've never seen anyone look at you the way Lauren does, she loves you Mila. She's only suggesting the help because she cares. Talk to her. And by talk, I mean, listen to what she has to say, and ask her to listen to you, instead of shouting at eachother. Gosh, Mila, you can tell you've never been in a relationship before." Dinah said, as we both let out small giggles.
"You're right." I said sighing loudly. "If I'd have just listened instead of throwing a hissy fit, we'd probably still be okay right now. But instead, she probably hates me." I said, shaking my head, annoyed with myself. "It's not your fault Mila. It's not Lauren's either. Every relationship has barriers, it's just weather or not the two people can break through that barrier, and I know you and Lauren can. Ain't nothing sinking my Camren ship dawg." Dinah said, causing me to laugh again.
"Will you stop with the whole 'camren' thing? It's weird..." I said, still laughing anyways. "Well you're weird as fuck Mila, but you don't see me complaining." Dinah backfired, as I hit her playfully. "The nerve of you Dinah-Jane." I said, shaking my head.
"Now come on. We're already late for lessons and my Art teacher still hates me. Lauren's probably waiting for you." Dinah said as we both stood up. "I'll see you at break?" I asked, as Dinah nodded, leaning in to hug me. I hugged back, before we pulled away. "I'll see you at break Mila Munchkin." Dinah said, causing me to scrunch my face up. "What have I told you about calling me that?" I asked, shaking my head as we both went our separate ways.
I really hoped Lauren wasn't mad at me.
-
I entered the classroom late, and obviously everyone would turn to face me. "Why are you late, Miss Cabello?" The teacher asked. "I...I uh...I don't have an excuse, I'm sorry." I said, my eyes scanning for Lauren, who to my disliking, apparently wasn't in the clasroom. "I'm going to let this slip. Please take a seat." The teacher said, as I scurried to the back of the classroom. As if on cue, the door swung open once again. "I'm sorry I'm late, I-" Lauren's voice was cut off by the teachers.
"Just sit down. Lauren, Camila, can I speak to you both at the end? The task is on the board." The teacher said, as people started whispering once again.
"Camz, I'm really sorry I-"
"No Laur, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lashed out like that. You were only trying to help." I said, interrupting her.
"No I know you don't want what I suggested, I just...I'm worried about you, and I'm sorry." She said, holding up a small rose flower. "Forgive me please?" She asked, and she looked so adorable right now. "Where did you find this?" I asked, smiling at how adorable my girlfriend was. "It was on one of those spikey hedges outside, if we weren't at school I'd have bought you a whole bunch of them, but that'll have to do for now." She said laughing awkwardly, "so will you forgive me please?" She asked, holding the rose out towards me. "Of course I will, if you'll forgive me?" I said, taking the rose from her hands. "Of course I do. I love you." She told me. "I love you too." I said, attempting to hug her the best I could from out seats. "What happened to your hands?" I asked once she pulled away, and I noticed the open wounds. "I...got mad and sorta beat my car up. But it's okay." She said, shrugging it off, picking he pencil up. "It's not okay, it looks painful." I said, picking one of her hands up and kissing her knuckle delicately. "Trust me, my car looks worse." She joked, but I didn't laugh. "In serious Laur, are you sure you're okay?" I asked, nervously. "Trust me, my love, I'm fine, I promise." Lauren said prodding my cheek lightly.
-
The lesson passed quicker than what I thought it would, and now me and Lauren were stood before our teacher, who was eying us suspiciously.
I was nervous as to what he wanted to talk to us about, because I had no idea what we'd done wrong.
"Now, look. I've heard rumours that you two are dating, am I correct?" He asked, as we looked at each other confused, before nodding. What does our love life have to do with him?
"Look, Camila came in first, with no excuse for her lateness. Lauren then came in minutes later, so would you two like to explain what you were doing, that was more important than my lesson?" He asked, his eyes darting between the both of us. "We had a fight, sir." Lauren said quickly, before I could answer. "Now you see, you both looked happy enough over there, so I don't believe you for a second." He stated. "Our happiness over there was our appology. It doesn't mean we're lying about fighting, and besides, it's none of your buisness." I stated, rather rudely. "If you'll excuse me Miss Cabello, but when your relationship interrupts my lesson, because you two were off doing god knows what, then I'm afraid it is my buisness. School is for learning, and not for making time for your current lover." He stated, his voices growing louder. "What do you mean by current lover?" I asked disgusted.
"You're both young, it'll likely not last, so instead of ruining your future by missing almost 40 minutes of my lesson, how about you both learn to get here on time!" He shouted, causing me to flinch. "I'm not being rude, sir, but were not lying about having an argument. You know nothing about us outside of this classroom, so who are you to tell us we will not last, and what we were doing?" Lauren asked, as he shook his head. "And Camila," he started ignoring Lauren's question, "you were a perfect student before Miss Jauregui came along. You were never late, you never had after school detentions, you completed your work, and you never talked back. So what changed?" He asked, glaring at Lauren. "Nothing changed. And if you're trying to blame Lauren for that, you're wrong. I've had a lot going on at home, and Lauren's been the only one to keep me sane. I'm sorry if my problems interfere with your lesson, but I can't help that. Don't ever blame Lauren for my mistakes." I said, anger rising inside of me. "Come on Camz, I think you've kept us long enough sir." Lauren said, reaching for my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "You can't leave until I dismiss you." He stated.
"Well what have you got left to say?" Lauren asked, waiting patiently. I dared not open my mouth, for fear of saying something really cheeky, so I let Lauren talk. There was a short silence.
"I don't want any of you late to my lesson at the same time again. Understood?" He asked, both of us nodding. "You may leave now." He said, as we both left as quick as we could. "Well that was a waste of time." I said annoyed, as Lauren nodded in agreement.
-
"Hey Cabello, where are you going?" I heard a familiar voice, as their footsteps cought up to me. I was on my way to the library to print something out before next lesson started, Lauren insisted on coming with me, but I assured her I'd be fine. I know she only wants to protect me, but I can't rely on her for everything. I need to learn how to defend myself sometimes, even if that meant getting beat up in the process.
"What do you want Kylie?" I asked, annoyed as the blonde haired girl got closer to me. "Just making my way to the library, to read some books, thought I'd say hi." She said, a sickeningly sarcastic smile plastered on her face. "Please Kylie, everyone knows you're so unintelligent, you couldn't read, even if you really wanted to." I scoffed, as the smile disappeared from her face. "Okay Cabello." She said stepping closer to me, grabbing a handful of my sweater in her hands, very close to my kneck. Oh god she's going to strangle me to death. I closed my eyes tightly, expecting a blow to the face, but she started talking again. "You got me. I need to talk to you, and I need to talk to you now." She said, and she sounded very annoyed. "And by talk you mean beat the shit out of me? Because if you're going to hit me, can you get it over with, because Lauren's going to start wondering where I am, and then she'll come looking for me, and you don't want that, do you?" I asked, cowering back, again, expecting a hit to my face.
"It's not your skanky girlfriend I'm worried about." Kylie sniggered.
"She's not a skank, you're the fucking skank Kylie." I said, all of a sudden pissed off. No one gets to talk about Lauren that way. "Whatever cabello." She said, pushing me roughly against the wall, and coming very close to my face. "What I'm worried about, is Josh. What the fuck have you done or said to him?" She asked, holding my shoulders against the wall forcefully. "What do you mean?" I asked, generally confused, trying to push the crazy blonde off me. "Don't act fucking stupid Camila. We all know he fucking despises you, but instead, he's staying home, avoiding you, and warning us all to leave you the fuck alone!" Kylie yelled, causing me to flinch, which also caused me to hit my head off the wall. "Have you sold your slutty girlfriend to him in bribery to leave you alone? We all know how much he wanted her!" She said, slapping me full force across the face. "Lauren is a fucking person, not an object. She doesn't belong to anyone, and she certainly isn't a slut!" I yelled launching forward, knocking Kylie over onto the floor. "She can't be sold because one, she isn't like that and two, all the money in the world is worth nothing compared to her! So how about you keep your comments to yourself!" I yelled, throwing a punch to her face. "Get off me you crazy bitch." Kylie said, trying to push me off her. "Camz!" Camz, what's going on?" I heard Lauren's voice from down the hall, as she rushed over to us. I threw a couple more punches to Kylies face, even though my hand was hurting like hell, nobody talks about Lauren like that and gets away with it. "Get your fucking girlfriend off me." Kylie said to lauren, who wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me away from her.
"You fucking deserve every hit you get!" I spat, absolutely furious with her.
"What did you do?" Lauren asked, glaring at Kylie.
"You assume it was me when your girlfriend was the one attacking me?" Kylie asked, over dramatically placing her hand on her heart, feigning shock.
"Camila doesn't hit anyone, unless they really piss her off. So you clearly said something to strike a nerve." Lauren replied, still holding onto me tightly.
"I just came hear to tell her that Josh is defending her, I did nothing wrong." Kylie lied, as I clenched my jaw, trying not to lash out again. "You know, Camila is going to tell me what you said once she calms down and- wait did you say Josh is defending her?" Lauren scoffed, clearly not believing her ears.
"Yes." Kylie said, no trace of a joke on her face as she spoke the word.
"Now that's hard to believe. Why would he do that?" Lauren demanded.
"I don't know. That's what I was trying to find out from your girlfriend until she maliciously attacked me! Why don't you ask Josh yourself instead of assuming I know everything!" Kylie spat, before running off and disappearing around the corner. "Okay, we will." Lauren replied, even though Kylie could no longer hear her.
-
An: okay, this chapter seemed shit but I promise that talk with their teacher needed to happen for the next chapter, and Josh is defending Camila?! Wonder why...
Also, I'm working on a new Camren story but it won't up for weeks yet because I'm writing a few chapters to it first!:)
Thanks for votes, comments and reads! It means a lot<3