Chapter 40

Camila POV

I rushed into the hospital where Lauren's parents were stood pacing back and fourth, they opened their arms wide when they saw me, and I quickly accepted the hug, burying my face into their necks as they hugged me tightly.
Clara looked a lot more distraught than Michael did though.

"Is she..." I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to push back my tears, failing miserably and I felt the warm, light trickle of tears roll down my red raw cheeks.
"She's alive and well, sweetheart." Michael told me, rubbing Clara's back comfortingly, smiling at me sympathetically.
"Then why are you guys..." I trailed off, as Clara looked to the floor in shame.

"It's my fault, Camila. If I'd have just believed you both in the first place, my baby wouldn't be in here, lying with broken ribs and being questioned by the Miami Police Department." Clara said hysterically, as people around as stared at the crying woman, quickly looking away when Dinah shot them all dirty looks.

"Clara, sweetheart, it's not your fault. That school, they're the ones to blame. But we're getting Lauren out of there and-"
"Wait, what do you mean you're getting her out of there? And did you say she was being questioned by the police?" I asked, my heart rate quickly speeding up, worry and panic taking over my whole entire being.

"We're moving her schools, but don't worry, we're putting her into a private school. That way we don't have to move house. And yes, she's talking to the police, something about threats being made, now, don't panic, but I think they might actually want to question you." Michael told me, as my eyes widened. This wasn't supposed to all happen.

"Well...can I go see her?" I asked, as Clara shook her head, no, making my heart drop for the thousandth time that day.
"Why not? She's my girlfriend I have a right to make sure she's okay!" I said angrily, tears falling once again.
"You can go see her as soon as she's done talking to the police, Camila." Michael told me, as I sat down in one of the old, worn out, hospital chairs, letting a puff of air out of my mouth, before Dinah carefully sat down beside me, taking hold of my hand supportively.

"I've messaged Mani and Ally. They said they'll be here after school, Jenna will probably be with Ally too, I hope that's okay." Dinah asked as I nodded, smiling, barely, but still a smile none the less.

After what felt like hours, a door down the hall opened, and 4 police officers walked out, as they headed over to Clara and Michael.
"Your daughter told us a lot, but we need to speak to her girlfriend, Camilla. Do you know where can find her?" The police officer said to Michael.
"Her names Camila, and actually, she's sitting over there. And we understand that your job is very important, but we'd appreciate if Camila could go see our daughter, before answering any of your questions." Micheal said, as the police officer hesitated before nodding his head and making his way over to me, the other 3 officers standing close behind him.

"Camila, we have some very important questions to ask you after you've been to see Lauren. We want the truth, and nothing but the truth. You're not in trouble but we also don't take death threats very lightly, especially not in situations as such as this once where physical violence has already been reached. Well be waiting right here for you, please, take your time." The officer said, respectfully nodded to me, as I quietly thanked him before heading to the room I saw the officers leave.

When I walked in, Lauren was lying on the hospital bed, hooked up to what appeared to be an oxygen machine. Her face was battered and bruised, as she slowly turned her head to face me. A smile quickly spread across her face upon seeing me, although it looked as though she had been crying. My heart ached at the sight of her, she looked so broken and fragile...and it was all my fault.

"Lauren, baby, I'm so sorry." I said, quickly kneeling down next to her bed, taking her cold hand into mine. She quickly lifted her hand and wiped away my tears that were quickly falling.

"Camz, it's okay, I'm okay, look at me. Don't cry, please." Lauren said to me, as I looked up at her.
"I'm okay." She told me again, smiling at me.
"You're hooked up to an oxygen machine, Lauren, your parents mentioned broken ribs? How can you claim to be okay? You wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for me." I said, feeling the guiltiest I'd ever felt in my life.

"The oxygen machine is because I got winded, and passed out due to that and the shooting pains off my 3 broken ribs. It hurts like a bitch, but it's all over now. I'm okay, you're okay, WE are okay. And that's all that matters." Lauren told me, gently caressing my face.

"But the police, what are they here for?" I asked, worried, as Lauren scoffed.
"Kylie threatened to kill you. With that and the assault on me, now proven to have been numerous times, she could be looking at jail time. They're also looking into the principal. They don't understand how this went on for so long and how he was punishing me for being the victim. He could be looking at community service and loosing his job. I'm, they also want to question Josh and the rest of his friends. I didn't want to drop his name, but I was tired of all the lies, I'm sorry Camz." Lauren said guiltily.

I quickly shook my head, letting what Lauren had told me sink in. "Don't be sorry, Laur. I'm tired too. I just want us to be happy. And if that involves josh being questioned then so be it. It's time the truth came out, the FULL truth." I said, giving her my awkward sideways smile.

We sat quietly for a few moments, just holding hands, until Lauren broke the silence.
"There's something else on your mind, I can tell. What is it?" Lauren asked me, as I tried to shake it off. I didn't know if her parents had told her about moving her into a private school yet, and I didn't want to drop the bomb shell for her, but I also knew I couldn't lie to Lauren, she could tell when something was bothering me, and this was bothering me a lot.

"I just...um...where's Taylor?" I asked, noticing the absence of the blonde, slightly intimidating basketball player. "She wasn't allowed to come, she'll probably stop by later." Lauren said, furrowing her eyebrows at me. "But that's not what's on your mind, come on, Camz, you can tell me." Lauren said, starting to look worried.

"Um...have you talked to your parents yet?" I asked, as she nodded.
"Yeah, they had to be here to give the police permission to talk to me, since I'm still classed as a minor." Lauren said, "Why?"

"Have they talked to you...about, about moving you to a private school?" I asked timidly. Lauren eyes seemed to shift to a darker green, her nostrils slightly flaring. "Camz, can you go get my parents please, tell them I need to talk to them?" Lauren said, as I stood up.
"Shit, I didn't- I didn't mean to drop that one you, I just-"
Lauren interrupted me angrily.
"Just go and get my parents, Camila!" Lauren shouted, as I quickly left the room, tears falling down my face once again.

-

Once again, not proof read so apologies for incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes.
Please vote and comment, thank you❤️