Chapter 41

Camila POV

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know you guys hadn't told her and now she's really mad!" I cried to Clara and Mike, who assured me it was going to be okay. I apologised some more, before they made their way into Lauren's room, and a police officer came over to me.
"We've contacted your mother who's gave us permission to talk to you without her being present, there's a back room up the hallway that we have permission to use, the quicker we get this over with the quicker we can start pressing charges and getting to the bottom of things." The officer told me, as I saw Ally, Normani, Jenna and Taylor enter the hospital, and make their way over to Dinah.

I nodded understandingly at the officer, as he motioned another officer to follow us. The other two officers stayed with my friends, and they all began talking quietly, most likely about what had went down between Lauren and Kylie.
I sat down cautiously, I'd never been questioned by the police before, hell I'd never had to have any sort of contact with the police before, so yeah, I was kinda scared.

"You have nothing to worry about, Camila, we just need to get some answers, some of which Lauren couldn't answer. We already have the tape, so we know Kylie threatened to kill you, and in this case, that is a very severe threat. Unfortunately, what happens with her is confidential, for the time being. However we can tell you she is currently in custody.
I want to start by asking you what exactly went on, right from day one." The officer said, as he took out his notebook at pen, and I began to tell him everything, right from the beginning, before Lauren was even around.

I told him how Josh started it all from the day he first laid eyes upon me, how he got Kylie and their other friends involved, how they'd torture me and beat me everyday, and threaten me to keep me from telling anyone. I told them how Lauren came along, and defended me from Kylie and her group of friends, inevitably dragging her into their whole mess. I told them how me and Lauren started dating and they got worse, how Leanne got roped into the mess because they knew she had a crush on Josh.
How my counsellor was supposed to be helping me, but he was best friends with Josh, and kept hitting on me; they were going to pay George a visit now too, whoops.
I explained how Lauren overheard Josh crying about feeling guilty, and how it all stemmed from his mental health issues about being my twin brother, the police looked shocked, but the officer continued to write.
I told them how the principal always blamed Lauren, and threatened her with expulsion and dismissed her claims of being bullied. Until finally I finished the story with how Taylor came along and finally helped us out of our whole mess, that had been going on for so long that we'd lost track of time.

"That is one hell of a story, Camila, thank you so much for your cooperation." The officer said as he closed his notebook and put his things away. The other officer handed me her card.
"If there's anything you that you've either forgotten and remember later, or if anyone threatens you because of the whole situation, that's my name and number, I'll be here to help you." She told me, as I smiled gratefully, putting the card in my pocket.

"Thank you so much." I said, as we all stood up and made our way back to the waiting room. The officers talked amongst themselves, before waving goodbye and heading out of the hospital, apologising to the woman behind the desk for the inconvenience, who assured them it was absolutely no problem at all.
Lauren's parents were still in her room, so I figured Lauren was probably arguing with them, and instead of going in and pissing my already pissed off girlfriend even more, I went over and sat with my friends, and decided to wait patiently until Lauren was ready to see us all again.

-

Lauren POV

"Lauren, honey, you need to calm down, your heart rate is worryingly high, I can hear your breathing getting worse from here." My dad said, as I scoffed, although, he was right, my breathing was getting worse. I knew my face was redder than a tomato right now, and I'm glad we were in one of the sound proof rooms, otherwise the whole hospital would have heard our argument.

"You can't move me schools, dad. I'm happy there. I'm on the basket ball team, and maybe I didn't like it at first, but I'm good at it, I enjoy it, please. I'll hardly see my friends anymore, the principal won't be there for much longer, Kylie won't be there anymore. They all know Camila and I are the victims now. Please?" I begged, my chest begging to ache, my ribs aching even more as a tear slipped down my face.

My dads face dropped and he came and sat in the chair beside me, taking hold of my hand, and I tried desperately to wipe the tears away. "If you're worried about your relationship with Camila, you'll still be around her after school Lauren, you won't be living there, we've already talked to the principal there, she's lovely." My dad tried to reassure me.
"I'm not-I don't want to go there Dad, mom, please?" I begged as my mom rubbed at her temples.
"Well think about it, okay? You need to calm down Lauren, you're not helping yourself right now." My mom said as I finally calmed down. Usually when my mum said she'd think about it, that meant she'd given into me, so I wasn't worried anymore-for now.
"Thank you!" I said, as I put my head back into my pillow.
"Well send your friends in now, okay?" My mom asked, as my mood picked up. My parents left the room and minutes later, all my noisy ass friends entered the room, Camila standing awkwardly by the door, making me feel instantly guilty.

"Camila, baby? I'm sorry I snapped at you. Please forgive me?" I asked, giving her my best puppy dog eyes, as Dinah made gagging sounds, everyone else making themselves comfortable in the room, as Camila shyly walked over to my hospital bed, taking my hand in her own, rubbing the back of my hand comfortably. "It's fine, you were stressed, I just didn't know if you were still in a bad mood." She said shyly, as I shook my head, flashing her the brightest smile I could manage in my current situation.

"I'm sorry it took you getting hospitalised to prove your innocence dude, but I told you it would work." Taylor said, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "And I'm sorry I wasn't here with you when you woke up, I tried to come with you but they wouldn't let me, trust me, I tried." Taylor said, as Normani laughed.
"She really did yo, the campus security had to escort her back to class, she was FUMING." Normani said, snickering at the memory as Ally and Jenna shook their heads.

"Meanwhile I was dealing with a hyperventilating Mila." Dinah said, "but I'm glad you're okay Lauser, we were all super worried about you." Dinah said, being serious for probably the first time in her life.
"I love you DJ." I said, opening my arms, as she hugged me carefully and gently.

"So, um, how long will it take to heal, and stuff?" Jenna asked, her thick British accent making her stand out that much more. She seemed like she was still getting used to us all, of course, she'd only been around us a few times, so it was understandable.
"They said it could take a good few months, and even then it will still be painful. Good job I have Camz to look after me." I said, winking at my now blushing girlfriend as Dinah wolf whistled.

"That's good then, don't want you missing out on all the rollercoasters when we go to England for the summer." Jenna said, as we laughed together. "Camz will probably break my hand, I heard there's like, the fastest rollercoaster in England there or something?" I asked Jenna as she nodded. "It's either the biggest or the fastest or something like that, but yeah, it's pretty big." Jenna confirmed, as Camila audibly gulped beside me making us all laugh.

We all talked for ages, and it felt nice, knowing all the drama was being cleared up, it felt nice knowing life was going back to the way it was supposed to be.

-

Sorry for the update time, but oh well.
Probably like one chapterish left unless I do chapters for their trip to England > comment your opinions on if i should do that or not🤣

Not proof read so excuse the spelling mistakes.

Please vote, it takes like 2 seconds, I don't wanna sound desperate but it really helps out a lot, thanks for reading and voting, I appreciate it more than you know❤️