Chapter 3

You felt the breezy wind hit your water stricken body, the cold brought shivers up your spine. You shot up from the harsh yet soft ground you laid on. As soon as you opened your eyes, the sound of the ocean reached your ears. The slow peaceful waves welcoming you from your short slumber.

"It took you so long to wake up, that I considered ditching you."

You turned toward the harsh voice, and saw that familiar face, now finally meeting you eye to eye.

Scaramouche.

He stood up from where he sat and made his way towards you.

"You got some explaining to do, Sir... err... miss? Eh-"

Scaramouche turned his head down to your regions, and saw nothing. Like a blank canvas, you were unique. He looked confused on how he should exactly speak and identify you.

You tried telling him that anything is fine, but as soon as you opened your mouth and made out the words, nothing but mumbles was heard. You then held onto your throat, checking if something is wrong. Nothing. You felt normal, yet different at the same time. You then concluded that it has been so long since you last spoke that you lost every ability you have to survive society.

"Can't talk?" Scaramouche asked.

You also looked confused just as Scaramouche was. You felt oddly intimidated by his body towering over you, so you tried to stand up. But sadly failed, you tried again, this time you stood up a bit but wobbled down, however, this time, a hand wrapped around your waist. Scaramouche looked at you clearly annoyed, he dropped you down the ground.

"If you don't tell me what you did with the gnosis, I'll kill you right this instant."

Kill...? Death...?

You hurriedly brought you fingers to the sand and started writing.

Scaramouche walked towards where you sat and observed your writing.

"My... name... is... Y/N... I am...?"

You suddenly stopped. You asked yourself if he will believe the things you will say like how you were a spirit in the shrine he prayed to. Because of this, you decided to make up a lie, and continued writing.

"A... worker... for the... Kam...I....sa...To... Estate..."

You felt relieved finally able to make out what you tried saying. But as you were celebrating deep in your heart, a strong slap hit your cheek. You fell down to the side as pain, for the first time ever, made its way to your body.

"You did not answer my question, you dumb fuck."