Chapter 7

As you blankly stared at Scaramouche, with your thoughts elsewhere, he shot up awake. Then immediately looked outside, "It stopped... hey you, get up." He ordered. As he was walking out the cave, he then realized that you couldn't walk. He deeply sighed with annoyance clear on his tone. "Ah, what a pain."

He grabbed you by the arm, tucked you inside the cloak. "Listen, this is how it will go okay?"

"You will pretend to be an ill person, while I am your guardian... don't worry, I have my ways of disguising myself to fit in."

As he said those words, he removed his original clothes and underneath is where ragged clothes with holes in it was revealed. He removed his hat and placed it inside the cave, he ruffled his hair as you sat down the ground observing him.

"How do I look?"

You brought to hands up and signaled him an okay sign with both hands. He chuckled slightly and got back to his serious aura.

"Don't screw up. If you do... well, you already know what will happen."

Scaramouche took this operation very seriously.

"Well first things first... you need a wound somewhere..."

You backed away nervously from the menacing Scaramouche.

"Stop going away, I'll make this quick."

He grabbed your arm and squeezed tightly. Your entire body scrunched in pain, as your mumbled screams surrounded the area. After this, he grabbed your body and carried you bridal style. He paused for a moment and started talking.

"My sister! Uh... sibling is injured! No... that doesn't sound realistic... oh! Please! My sibling was attacked by criminals along our way! Perfect."

You stared at him horrified, still now believing what you just heard. What a psycho...

As both of you got closer and closer to the estate, Scaramouche started getting into character even more. His terrifying aura turned into something so pitiful, as his breath started staggering as he started running closer and closer, his blank and hollow eyes now gleamed with grief and pain.

Now, both of you were in front of the guards of the Estate. Scaramouche fell down the ground, still holding onto you tightly. The guards ran up to both of you to help.

"Kid, what happened?!"

"*guff* ha... ha... my sibling! Please *sob* we were attacked by criminals along the way! Please help us! My sibling is badly injured!"

The guards hurriedly looked at you and were awed by your looks but got back to reality and checked your body for ang signs of wounds. They stared in shock at your wrist and arm swollen. Scaramouche was not satisfied with your acting and decided to pinch you back from his hands were.

You started shaking in pain as tears welled up your eyes.

"What happened?! Why isn't your sibling talking?!"

"*sob* both of us were never thought to communicate, I only learned from the city jobs given to me... *sob*"

One of the top guards ordered one of his men to call for a doctor. They all carried you inside as Scaramouche followed from behind, still in role.

"You two! Stay here okay."

The guards left you two inside a fully heated room. You were laid down a soft mattress as Scaramouche sat besides you.

"It will take them a bit of time to get a doctor after everything that has happened lately, this is a good chance. You stay here while I go back to the shrine and check for the gnosis."

After saying so, Scaramouche sneaked out the room.

Now, all alone, you stared blankly at the  ceiling. After he achieves his goal here... will he get rid of me? Maybe, this is the right time for me to rat him out... no... but... ah... why is this so difficult.