Chapter 19

Your heart thumped loudly as the footsteps slowly disappeared into the distance. "No." Scaramouche's voice echoed through your head. Tightly clenching your fists, the fabric of the futon tangling around your hand. I simply cannot stay here! You crawled your way to the door despite your weakened state.

You wrapped your hands around the wooden knob and forced yourself to try pulling the door to slide open.

Open... just open!

You then felt a wave of power flowing into your body. The door slid open as it hit the wall. You did not waste anytime to think of where that power came from, whether it was from someone or something simply hiding deep inside of your mind.

The hallway gave off a familiar feeling. Yes... that dream back then... how did I even know about this place if I have never been-

A wave of blurry memories flash through your mind. You fell to the side from the toe curling pain that suddenly hit you. As you saw the light coming from the front door, the memories played clearly.

- - - -

Scaramouche's arms were wrapped around your body as he carried you into a random house. You looked around the place and saw marks and splatters of blood. Not to mention the horrid smell. But the man that held your body walked nonchalantly as if he was in a whole other dimension.

After walking for a while, he finally stopped in front of a room.

"Ah, I forgot someone. Stay here Y/N."

He removed his grip from your body and slowly laid you down the ground as he then entered the room. He closed the door in front of your face. You couldn't help but crawl close to the door to see what Scaramouche was doing. You grabbed the door and slid it a bit to the side to take a peek.

Your heart dropped from the sight of Scaramouche on top of a body of what seems to be a woman. His one hand covered the woman's mouth while the other dug deeply into the woman's stomach bump.

You felt cold as you stood frozen with fear and shock etched onto your face. You watched Scaramouche brutally kill that woman, your body kept shaking as time passed by, Scaramouche on the other hand suddenly felt a burning sensation on his body from how hard you stared at him.

"Y/N..."

He got up from the woman and started walking closer to you. He knelt down the ground to caress your face, but you hurriedly slapped his hand away. He sat there shocked from your sudden actions. But he got his composure back and tried to hold your face again. This time, he forced his hand to touch your cheek. Blood got on your face but you were only able to keep focus on his expression. Gentleness, caring, and love was plastered all over his face. You wondered 'how could such a horrible man show this much love?'

"Didn't I tell you to stay right here? Look at you... so terrified. I'm sorry, please forgive m-"

His sweet words crawled onto your ears, however, you did not hesitate. You crawled away from him. You kept your focus on Scaramouche's expression, from his gentle face, now it has turned to anger and annoyance.

"What are you doing?"

He stepped forward, you crawled a step away.

"Are you scared?"

You nervously looked at him, focusing on every movement on his body.

"Do you not trust me? Why? Is it because I killed those two?"

You tried rummaging behind you to get anything to throw. You felt something hard. It was a piece of wood. You grabbed it tightly. As you awaited Scaramouche's next move.

"Well, it's not like you have any choice but to stay with me."

He then started increasing his steps towards you. The piece of wood strongly swung its way towards the side of his face. It hit his face the very moment he grabbed onto your arm.

Blood dribbled down his head, yet his hand still gripped tightly.

"I knew it. I still have to fix everything."

He then tightened his hand on your arm even more as you slowly lost balance while wincing in pain.

He grabbed your head, slamming it hard onto the wall.

"I am simply doing this for you, Y/N..."

Those were the last words you heard as the pain consumed your body, leaving you unconscious.