chapter 18

You felt a prickling feeling all over your body. Your eyes shot open, still welcomed by the same ceiling. But, now was different. You turned your eyes to the glistening light in the room. There, Scaramouche stood behind an old looking man with furious eyes. The poor man was trembling in fear from the sheer pressure coming from behind him.

As soon as Scaramouche noticed your open eyes. He pushed the man aside and hastily dropped down the ground to embrace you. Even with that, your eyes focused on the old man. The man stood straight from the ground, still shaking.

Scaramouche was confused with your silence, he stared closely at your face, with his arms still wrapped around you.

He followed where your eyes looked and came to the old man.

"Oh, him?"

After hearing that, you turned your eyes back to him, signalling your agreement.

"I brought him here to check on you."

From outside?

"Yes, he is from outside." Scaramouche said, already knowing what was on your mind. You looked at him in suprise. He chuckled softly from your reaction. Both of you looked at each other for a while when you finally snapped out of it and turned back to the old man. Scaramouche then followed.

He stood up and removed his arms around you. He softly held onto the man's shoulder.

"I'll escort him out, you should rest some more."

The man slowly stood up, the shaking has still yet left his body. Both of them exited the room. The last thing you heard was the sound of the door sliding close, followed by the clanking of the locks from across the door.