Chapter 29

Yae Miko's hands glowed green light as the emitted aura on her hands started flowing towards the wound on Scaramouche's chest.

"This will at the least remove him from death's door."

You only needed to every word she said, as you knew nothing the only thing you could do was trust everything on Yae Miko.

Even till this moment Scaramouche's hand tightly held onto you, not even moving an inch, scared that you might leave.

"Right after this, we must leave before Ei wakes-"

"Yae Miko."

"Oh speak of the devil..."

You turned towards the now full conscious Ei who clearly showed her anger just from her dead straight glare to you three.

"Ei, just let me-"

Before Yae Miko could even turn to Ei, she was thrown across the room by the other part of Ei's spear.

"How dare you all make a fool of me." She sternly said. She flipped her spear back to where the sharpness now gleamed into the gathering purple light around Ei.

Yae Miko struggled to keep herself conscious, she laid on her side with her head down on the floor, all she could see were now the blurry vision is the brilliant light from Ei and two figures on the floor.

'What could have happened for her to turn out like this... she has never been like this, did this particular situation affected her so much to change?' She asked herself, her consciousness slowly  drifting away. Her body turned cold realizing the horrible fate those two will experience just because of her stupid actions in the past.

"But..." she mumbled.

She forced her upper body to spring back up, even though her entire being was now shuddered in pain with each move she makes. Her eyes were now the only problem, the hit she took earlier made it difficult to process her surroundings. Her teeth bit down on her tongue to give herself a bit of time to think.

"Just because you experienced pain and suffering... does not mean you are allowed to make others feel the same way!"

"Yae? Did I tell you not to-"

Yae Miko slammed her hands down the ground, a bright light travelled its way towards you and scaramouche. A force field just like earlier erupted, seperating Ei away from both of you.

Ei clicked her tongue and planned on easily breaking the field, but she was stopped by Yae Miko, "I connected my entire life force on that shield, break it and I die." She sternly said, her voice panting heavily.

"Our people suffered because of that man!"

"No, you don't care about the people of Inazuma right now! You are blinded by your own rage that was kept hidden from all the years you remained hidden. Now that you finally found someone to release all that anger, you already forgot about the well-being of each and everyone of your people."

"Yae..."

"If only you didn't hid yourself in that world of yours... maybe I could've, maybe we could've avoided this... that's why... if you plan on killing them in the end anyways, I will just keep them together... forever..."

"You don't mean..."

"I do! Even if it kills me... I will fix my mistakes."

"Yae!!"

"Y/N... are you fine with this?"

You turned to Yae Miko who eagerly looked at you, you had to make a decision fast and quick, her eyes already looked like it will drop any second.

"Y/N..." Scaramouche mumbled. His weak eyes opened slightly. His mouth shook, struggling to make out the words he wanted to say. "Don't... live on... free, I'm fine... as long as you live freely."

"Ahh... why did I have to fall for someone like you..."

"Haha... Y/N, don't worry ab-"

"I'm done having others choose what I do with my life..."

"..."

"Yae... I...

Wish to be bounded in that shrine once again... with Scaramouche."

"I hear your prayers, child. Now, your punishment for eternity awaits you."

You only focused on each move Yae Miko makes that you no longer noticed the fixated eyes on you from your lap.

Scaramouche lightly lifted a smile and chuckled, "What a great punishment that is..."

"Yae Miko!!" Ei dropped her spear on the ground and jumped towards Yae Miko to stop the ritual. Sadly she was too late. Yae Miko's soul already disappeared the moment she poured her remaining life force on getting you two in the shrine.