Chapter 13

The two bawled loudly in tears as they crawled to Yae Miko. Their heads pushed down the ground as they begged with their entire hearts.

"Please...! I beg of you! Save my child..."

Yae Miko sat herself straight and held the couples shoulders to bring them up.

"The only way... I can save your child is..."

"Is...?"

"I will have to make her one of my fox maiden..."

"Eh...?"

"I know, It sounds very idiotic... but that is the only way..."

She lied yet again.

She knew how to cure this child's illness, but with the vision she saw, she could not possibly sit still and watch it happen and only make the move from then on.

After having a long talk with the parents, they accepted in the end. All that mattered to them was to see their child.

Sadly, they really were the only one. After a few years had passed ever since the child was bound to the shrine. The parents of the child were considered heretics and crazy by the people of their village. As Yae Miko only made the parents have the ability to see the child.

She went to visit the Shogun after that day of the ceremony for the new fox maiden. The Shogun now was quite gentle, she listened to every opinion, making sure no one was being left out.

"What's wrong Yae Miko? You seem quite distressed."

"I saw it, Ei."

"Saw what exactly...?"

"The Destruction of Inazuma."