A/N 2

I have been seeing a bunch of complaints about the ending of this fanfic. First take in consideration why this story is titled "INFATUATED" a simple google search will show you that love and infatuation are two different things. Have I specified whether or not the ending was happy or not? No. It's up to you whether or not the reader and scaramouche were really happy together. If I wanted to glorify the abuse in this story I would've never made an ending where the two will be locked in a shrine for eternity.

I apologize if there were many plot holes in the story. I am just someone who don't really have much experience writing since I only write fanfics when I get a good idea for a premise.

Also through out the story where the reader was held captive I wanted to show the dependency the reader had with scaramouche and how that affected their thought process when the two faced off with the shogun.

It was pretty obvious the reader never really "fell in love" with scaramouche. It was simply plain old stockholm syndrome. I wrote the held in captive part just to show how Scaramouche was trying to lock the reader up all to himself.

Scaramouche did fall in love with the reader but the title "INFATUATED" was never about him. It had always been about the reader.

INFATUATION - Infatuation or being smitten is the state of being carried away by an unreasoned passion, usually towards another person for whom one has developed strong romantic feelings.