Chapter 23

A sudden bolt of purple light made its way towards you, not even giving you enough time to react. However, it was stopped in its tracks by spirit foxes who held Ei in place. It only lasted for about a few seconds when she easily dispersed the foxes. Yae Miko stood in front of you, on guard to protect you from the former electro archon.

"So, even you, huh?"

"Ei, at the least listen to what else Y/N has to say."

"How could you say that? Of all people. You who prioritized the wellbeing of Inazuma. Our people are suffering day by day, while the solution of the problem is right in front of us."

"If you have anyone to kill, that should be me. I caused all of this for locking an innocent person in that shrine."

"Killing you will benefit be nothing. Even if you were to die, nothing will change, you will just be able to escape the responsibilities of your own consequence."

"Fine, but you shall not dare lay a hand on Y/N. Even if it means fighting you... I will."

"Ha... fighting a trusted friend is the last thing I would ever want."

"Then-"

"I will just have to immobilize you and kill Y/N."

You knew more than anything. That you should be the one to calm the situation down. You thought deeply, on what you heart meant when you reached the conclusion that you do not wish for him to die.

He...

"He must pay for his crimes."

The two then froze in place as they turned their attention towards you.

"Meaning?" Ei asked.

"He will do everything to take me back, why not lock me inside that shrine again?"

"Are you crazy?!" Yae Miko asked.

"Hm..." Ei pondered the choices for the situation. Yae Miko stomped her way towards Ei and pulled her shoulder to catch her attention. "You cannot possibly consider that!"

"Why not?"

"Because..."

"It's not like Y/N has anything in this side."

"How could we possibly..."

"Yae Miko... Y/N belongs to the other side of this plane. Even that harbinger will no longer have any choice but to give up. We can even capture him the moment he prays to the shrine."

"Y/N..."

Yae Miko turned her guilty eyes to you, as she asked for what you have to say by just her face.

"I'm fine with anything... I simply wish, please do not kill him."

"Y/N."

You expected Yae Miko to be the one to talk to you but Ei suddenly walked towards you, with no killing intent whatsoever, and so Yae Miko let her continue on.

"Do you love him?"