Chapter 17

Scaramouche grabbed the wooden spoon and brought it up to your mouth to feed you. You tried grabbing his hand so that you can eat by yourself. But he ignored your struggle and continued feeding you. As it went on, you no longer had any energy to struggle. The food bowl was now empty.

He picked everything up and was just about to head out when you then grabbed his arm.

"What's wrong?"

He then placed everything down and sat down close to you. He grabbed the paper from the side and placed it on your life

(I wish to go outside)

Just a 5 word sentence, yet, he stared at it for a minute or so. Soon after, he turned his head back to you and said,

"No."

As you tried to persuade him, he only got back up and left the room, without saying anything else.

You heard his footsteps dissapearing into the distance, with the sound of the clanking dishes along the way. You slumped down the matress, your eyes slowly dozing off to sleep.

Weird... somehow, everytime I eat, I feel so sleepy...

Your back rested on the soft matress as you dozed off to sleep.

The door suddenly slid open. Scaramouche quietly walked up to your body, as he knelt down the ground just besides you. He lifted his hand as he softly carrased your face, with an unexplainable expression on his face.

- - -

After you tried asking Scaramouche to go outside, he has been even more strict than ever before. Everytime he would go and out of the room. You could hear the sound of locks being opened and locked.

However, you also started doing changes. Everytime you heard the main door closing. You immediately get up and started practicing to talk. You knew that you were able to, since you wrre able to make out complete words in your mind. But as you kept practicing and practicing, you only realized that the problem was your throat. You felt something blocking it.

As the days passed by, it only grew worse. You wanted to try talking to Scaramouche about it but you were too frightened to be even much more isolated.

Then a day came. You felt so tired that you were unable to get up or even move. You opened your eyes from your slumber, with your entire body aching.

After a short while, Scaramouche opened the door with a tray of food on hand and a lamp in the other. He walked up to you nonchalantly, it soon changed as the light from the lamp hit you.

You were pale as snow as your lips turned purple. The food on his hand dropped down the floor. He carefully placed the lamp aside and hastily went to you.

His arms wrapped around your body as he pulled you closer to him. Your vision was in a blur as you could only see him trying to say something to you. For a split second, however, you caught a glimpse of his expression. Genuine fear and worry was on his face.

Maybe... he is not so bad after all.

Those were your last thoughts as you heavily fell into slumber.