Chapter 22

Where did it start? When did it start? Ah... that's right... that day, that ver moment I got out of that shrine is where everything went downhill.

The sensation of existing yet not being there crawled its way into your body. This feeling of nostalgia brought upon confusion. 'How could I forget something so important?' You asked yourself. The countless of years you spent in that shrine observing the vast land which continuously evolves is what you used as entertainment, yet a certain moment in the day is what stood out to you the most.

A man with indigo hair and eyes who wore a tareginu hat always came day by day, continuously praying. You always wandered what went through his prayers, what was his wishes? What did he pray for? Who is this man? Perhaps that certain day was also the limit of your covered emotions. You felt as though that day, it will be the last time you will ever see this man.

Your mind could only turn blank as emotions emerged. The light blinded you for a short while, and once you opened your eyes, you knew nothing.

The Shogun and Yae Miko sat quietly close to you listening to your words carefully. Ei looked serious and seemed like she was much busy thinking after telling them the bright light that brought you out of the shrine. While Yae Miko pitifully looked at you with obvious guilt plastered on her face. As if everything that has happened was all her fault.

From the vivid memory of the cold blooded killing of Scaramouche in the kamisato estate, to you being locked up inside that home. You told theme everything, with every detail you could make out, they know knew.

After explaining, Ei stood up from her sit, while Yae Miko continued to stay in place, her eyes following Ei's every move.

"As of now, the only conclusion I could make out of your explanation is that, he is willing to do anything to bring you back to his side."

"Ei...?"

"Then, we have no choice but to kill him."

"K-kill?" You asked.

"Do you want to continue hiding and let him go on his massacre?"

"Ei, stop it. Y/N has been through enough."

"How about the people that have died? Will they have the privilege of saying they've been through enough? No. Because they have died, just for a petty love chase."

Perhaps because of the gentleness Scaramouche gave to you that you forgot all the countless deaths caused by him just for you.

Those people are dead... while I'm alive...

"Ei..."

"Tell me, Y/N. What do you want to do? Your answer will give me the answer whether or not to kill you right here and now and hunt that man down."

"Ei!"

"I..."

What do I want to do? To let him die... that man... no... but he killed... my heart hurts... why must I decide... I...

"Don't want him to die."