Chapter 20

You snapped back into reality after that horrid memory played inside your mind. Your hands couldn't stop trembling from fear and anger, as you slowly realized the nightmares you have been having were no dreams, yet was your mind begging you to remember.

You placed your hands on the wall to keep you from falling, picking up the pace towards the door.

Unluckily the door was also locked, but you managed to pry open a small space to see what's going on outside.

The only thing you could see was a shovel hitting the ground. You readjusted your position to see more. There, he stood with a shovel on hand and a limp body on the side.

Dozens of thoughts rushed through your head as you slowly understood the situation.

Should I just go back? How will I run away? Can I get away? What will happen if I run way? What if he catches me? Will he kill me?

You tightly bit your lip to calm yourself. You were sweating heavily as your body was going through a adrenaline rush, the shaking on the other hand was now gone as the only thing you know you must do is get away from him as soon as possible.

You then remembered the sudden gush of power earlier, you tried to pry the door open but failed to do so. When hope seemed lost forever, a certain glimpse of light caught your attention. From behind the trees close to the house is what seems to be a fox. Even though it was far away, you could feel its gaze stuck upon you.

A strong howl of wind and thunder roared through the sky, the locks of the door then snapped open, you didn't hesitate a single bit and pushed the door open, the force you exerted was so strong that you fell on your face as soon as it opened.

Scaramouche on the other hand was stunned. He dropped the shovel to hurriedly run up to you. But a strong bolt of lightning came crushing down the ground as he was just about to reach you.

Without even noticing, you were already being carried away by a group of foxes.