Chapter 15

Lover? What is this man talking about?!

He held tightly on your hand as you can hear his sniffles crawling into your ears. He caressed your hand that tightly held onto the blanket. As soon as your hand relaxed. He brought it up to his face. You could feel the moist on his face from the tears he wept. Instead of slapping his again, you gave him the opportunity to prove something.

"All those memories... gone... in a blink of an eye... tell me, Y/N. Do you not remember the feeling of our hands interlocked?"

He then slowly pulled your closer and closer, both of your bodies were already in contact, while his face was trying to close in on your face, you could feel his staggering breath up close. You closed your eyes shot, knowing well what was about to come.

However, instead of feeling the pressure on your lips, he then talked yet again, "Scaramouche... does that name not ring a bell, Y/N?"

As you heard that very name. Some sort of memory flashed through your head. It was yet again cloudy, but now you could hear many voices that you could not even make out what they were saying. This sudden flow of memories brought intense pain into your head.

You pulled away from Scaramouche's hand and held onto the temple of your head, hoping the pain will be pushed our of your system.

"Y/N?!"

Scaramouche hurriedly lifted the lantern up to check your face. Due to the sudden light coming onto your eyes. You could not help but squint, as you looked directly at the light, something else caught your attention. His face.

Then there, the fog that covered a man's face on your dreams, dispersed.

He is in my memories... but who is he to me? Is he really my lover..? He did not seem like it... then why... why can I not remember anything... I simply wish to live a peaceful life, why...

"Y/n?"

This is not fair, how could I possibly choose something I do not understand...

"Y/n...?"

What do I do... should I trust this man...? What will happen to me if he turns out to be-

"Y/N?!"

Two gentle hands held onto both sides of your face.

"It's okay, everything will be okay. Don't worry, I know it's hard not being able to remember anything... I'll help you remember okay? Just don't ever leave my side, okay?"

You slowly nodded in response to his promise, as you let him pull you into his embrace. He laid you down back on the mattress as he then laid down next to you, his hand tightly locked onto yours- not letting go.