Chapter 21

The feeling of soft fur crawled all over your body, while hearing the faint sound of two voices talking. Your eyes slowly creeped open. The two voices then silenced down the very moment you fully opened your eyes.

You tried feeling what was under you and saw the white fur of multiple foxes surrounding you. Your vision was still blurry, because of this you were not able to clearly see the two figures approaching you.

"Y/N?"

The resonance of that voice was enough to shake you as the feeing of nostalgia suddenly hit you. Then came a memory of a woman with pink hair and caring eyes holding you in her arms.

"Yae... Miko..."

The two figures froze in place as your voice stood out from the rest.

That's weird... I felt as though I actually spoke...

Things started to feel heavy and confusing causing you to hold onto the side of your head to control the pain.

"You are able to speak?" One with deep purple hair said.

You looked up at both of them and focused so that you can make up the features of their faces.

One had a gentle yet mysterious face while the other radiated dominance as if that of a ruler.

Once you finally got a hold of your vision, you thought about what one of them asked.

You then knew that you actually spoke a while ago, the feeling of raspiness in your throat was proof of it. But as you then opened your mouth to answer, nothing came out.

"I see..." She then said.

You turned to the lady with pink hair who you referred to as Yae Miko.

Both concern and guilt plastered on her face. She slowly walked towards you and grabbed you into her embrace.

You were caught of guard by this move but as time passed by, you felt somehow comforted by the warmth of Yae Miko.

"I am so sorry, Y/N...

I promise you... you will no longer have to suffer any of these any longer."

She got up from where you were and let the woman with purple hair take over.

"I'm sure you are at the least able to write?"

You nodded fast as the last thing you wanted was to see the fury of the woman in front of you.

"Good, now tell us every single detail you have with that man."