Chapter 6

You opened your eyes. A dream? You asked. Everything was red. Your body felt familiar, the lightness. It was the same body you had before everything that has happened yesterday. You floated around this red space. One thing you noticed is that, the more you ventured forward, the darker it got. To the point that you could hear screams, and creepy hands touching your body, as if trying to pull you back from what lies ahead. However, as you were just about to back off from the darkness, you saw a glint of light from the end of this never ending red tunnel.

Your heart thumped loudly, your instincts screaming loudly for you to not walk to the glittering light. Your body felt oddly attracted, you felt a sense of security knowing the light in the darkness is welcoming you.

Are you that selfish?

You heard a voice.

You turned left and right, looking for that voice.

Master Yae Miko...?

I did all my best, sacrificed many... just to keep you children safe from the ugliness of this world... yet... yet... you still chose what you don't have than what you already have... tell me... Y/N... are you ready to sacrifice everything for your own selfishness...?

W-what are you...

Listen closely to me, my dear, don't trust that man!

Your eyes shot open as bullets of sweats rolled down your face. The sound of heavy rain was gone, now what remains is the oddly satisfying smell of the aftermath of a rain pour. You turned to Scaramouche who still sat down at the other side of the cave, he slept soundly. As you continued to observe his face, the words of Yae Miko, repeated inside your head, don't trust... how could I possibly...

For a second you thought about running away now and go into hiding, but what will most likely happen is for you to get hunted down and killed later. Plus you knew far too well that you still cannot go out. Heck, you can't even talk nor walk properly. So every thought of escaping was thrown down into the drain.

I have no choice...