Chapter 16

It has been over a week ever since you woke up with no memories, Scaramouche would enter your room almost every 2 hours, he would either bring gifts, food, or even teach you how to speak certain words. For whatever reason, Scaramouche still kept you inside that dark room. You have been trying to tell Scaramouche that you wish to go out with the pieces of paper he gave you, yet he did not seem to notice your wishes. This arose your suspicion since he would grant any material you ever want. But it was a no go when it came to letting you out.

Today, is the day you finally decided to try getting out of this room. You had no intention to escape, but just to take some fresh air. As you slowly made your way to the door. In the first few days here you at times tried walking upstraight and sadly failed. Because of this you went around the room checking for something to hold onto. You then felt on the walls some bulky parts that could be used as a support. You then stopped in front of the door. You already told yourself that what you're about to do will not make him mad. You used your one free hand to slide the door.

Once you opened the door, you took a step out, you looked left and right and realized it was a dark gloomy hallway. The only light that was present were the dirty blinking ones on the ceiling.

You started walking to one side of the hallway. This new and foreign feeling gave you heavy creeps, your hair was standing on end, while your gut was screaming at you to head back immediately.

You kept on walking... and walking. Weird. You told yourself. In the end of the hallway you walked, there you can see a bright light. You sped up your phase with your eyes locked on that light, but no matter how much you walked, it kept getting farther, and farther. Until you stopped in your tracks and saw that bright light continuing to stray far away into the distance.

"Y/N?"

You turned to your back and saw a unrecognizable figure, but you knew who that voice belonged to. Scaramouche.

You could hear the faint footsteps, he got closer and closer that you realized a horrid stench came from him.

The dim lights of the hallways suddenly lit up. You squinted your eyes from the sudden change of brightness, that you were unable to immediately realize the bloodied man in front of you.

You were taken aback by his present state. Yet his gentle eyes still stayed on you.

"Are you trying to escape?"

You stepped one step back, in fear of him. Your legs started shaking horribly, you wanted to run, but you can't, he seemed gentle yet the feeling of death and madness oozed out from him. He then started walking towards you, with his hand outstretched trying to grab ahold of you.

You walked back as he got closer and closer, both of your eyes locked onto each other.

"Why are you running away from me?"

There, the gentleness of his tone disappeared and turned into anger. His tone was calm yet terrifying.

After that question, you made a run for it.

He then followed soon after calling out your name from behind. You felt your legs grow weak from the sudden running, but the thought of getting caught by that drove you into running.

I'm scared... someone... help me...

"What did I tell you? You really do not learn, child."

Huh? This voice...?

After hearing that odd yet familiar voice, you got out of that hellish nightmare. You shot your eyes open and saw yourself back inside that room.

I was supposed to get out today... I guess not...

You sat up from where you laid and placed your hand down the floor trying to feel on where the papers could be.

As you were busy searching, the door slid open. You jumped in fright after seeing who it was. You knew that it was nothing but a nightmare. But his very own presence in your dream stayed with you till the very end.

He entered the room with food and a lamp. He set the lamp in a stool he brought in the other day. Now, both of you can see each other's faces. He had a cheerful smile on his face.

"Let's eat."