Miracle

Time skip brought to you by an unconscious little bird dreaming about flying with some ravens

I woke up not knowing where I was. It was already dark and the room I was in didn't looked like the hospital room at all.

The heck?!

Where am I?

This isn't the hospital room!

It doesn't smell like a hospital at all!

And this is really too spacious for it.

Was I upducted?

No wait... This looks kinda like an infirmary...

Me: Raven?

Call me uncreative but I called the crows raven. They didn't had a name after all and if I wanted to talk to one usually I only needed to call Raven and one would come. However nothing came flying towards me which left me only panicking.

I slowly sat up in my bed and started looking around. There was a window and I could tell that it was already dark outside and the only light that I had was the light of the moon coming through the window. However there outside was a tree and on that tree were black birds looking towards the window.

Not wanting to lay down anymore, I started to get out of the bad. I wanted to ask them where I was. I wanted to have one in my hand. I needed to calm down after all.

I started to go there until all of the sudden I was hit with such an immense sensation of pain coming from my back that I simply collapsed right where I was and taking the blanket with me to the ground.

What is this?

Why does it hurt so much?

It didn't hurt that much when I last went to bed!

Wait ... I collapsed and Dabi caught me putting me back on the bed... But why am I here?!

Me: ARG!

I was starting to breath very heavily. The pain was extreme and that was when I felt it. The base of my wings. I felt the muscles around them and I could slowly move them too. With a shaking body, I opened my wings or the base of them and looked to my side only to see that I had my wings back. There were still no feathers or rather just a couple of them on it but they were back.

Me; *hic* How....

Happiness was all I felt and so I started sobbing. I felt very happy having them back knowing that I could after some time naturally fly again.

While I was too busy to cry, I didn't realize the red feather on the table or the light that suddenly went on, not even the coat that was put around me. I was just crying there. My vision was completely blurry and nothing made sense to me at all.

Hawks: Hey, shh! It's okay.

Dabi: Does it hurt?

Hawks: Why are you even asking! Get some pain meds nugget!

I could only look up to the pro hero that I hated so much. Even though I didn't want to see anyone at all, it was still good to know that I was not abducted at all. Hawks was coaching right in front of me and patting my head. I knew he meant well but I still couldn't just forget what they did.

Hawks: It's okay.

Not long after that Dabi came with a medicine pill and a glass of water to me.

Dabi: Some pain killer, take it.

Me: ... *sob* thanks....

I took it from him. The pain I was feeling even though I was very happy was extreme and it was driving me crazy. It was even worse than the pain I felt when my wings were cut off or burned.

Me: How...

My voice only came out as a whisper but there was nothing I could do about it.

Hawks: We will tell you tomorrow feathers. For now, you should get some rest. Your body needs it.

Me: ....

Dabi: The chicken is right. Don't worry tho. You are at Hawks agency and the two most skilled healers are attending to you.

Me:...

I let them pick me up and place me back in the bed. It hurt laying on my back this was probably why he put me down and made me lay on my side. The way both looked at me was something I only knew from my family. My mother used to look at me like this when I got into some kind of trouble or hurt or the first time I got my wings.Needless to say, that I got hurt a lot in the process of learning how to fly again too.

Hawks: We will watch over you so don't worry about a thing.

Dabi: Yeah, don't worry and rest.

I closed my eyes since I was very tired but I wasn't immediately greeted with sleep. My mind was too busy to comprehend what just happened.

This is a miracle!

How is this even possible?

My wings...

I can get them back?!

How did they do this?

This... Is this what it feels like when god had mercy on someone?

No... there is no god...

Is it luck then or fate?

Why did I need to go through a hard time then?

I guess you only will learn to appreciate what you have after losing everything.

This still doesn't make anything right!

I won't forgive them for what they have done... not yet...

But I will tolerate them.

They gave me back my wings!

They might not be that bad....

Only time will tell!

I will watch over them!

And the ravens will be my judges.

I can trust them after all!

Who knows.... maybe this is what destiny had prepared for me...

Maybe this is for the better...

Just maybe...

I will be loved again and not thrown away...

The fear of being thrown away was worse than my hate toward these two heroes. Being all alone and not having anyone to talk to.... not being able to ask for help because no one cares... not even having a warm place that could be called home... no warm food that is waiting for you and no people that tolerates and loves you...

If that is what I was about to gain then I would put my hate to the side. Living a life in shadows was not something I could do. Ravens were not animals that only live alone. They also have a pack close by. I was human and yet part raven. The feeling of loneliness was driving me crazy. My birds were helping me out but it wasn't a solution for the long run. This is why I would be willing to put my hate aside but not forgive them. They would need to come up with something else if they thought that I would forgive them after this but I won't hate them anymore.

Just like that I managed to fall asleep.