Reflected III

Chapter 3: You Were Supposed To Be Different

Josephine

That didn't go as I planned nor wanted it to. I don't know what happened to us. We didn't used to fight when we first met but then things started to go downhill ever since we tried sleeping together that first time. I felt the same thing he did. I don't know why I pictured us having a civil conversation without fighting with one another.

I sigh, standing up from the table and walking out of the little cafe. My phone vibrates in my back pocket and I fish it out, looking down at the message from Wyatt.

Wyatt- Hurry home. I made dinner

I sigh and tell him that I'll be home soon. I don't want to go back there but I don't really have a choice. I want to leave, I want to get away from the situation that I'm in but I have no where to go and no one to go to. Kevin is still in Seattle, Cami is in Venezuala at the moment, and Hero... well, it wouldn't be fair of me to run to him now.

I walk down the street as slowly as possible so that I don't have to deal with Wyatt. I watch my feet as I walk down the sidewalk and I stop in front of the building we live in. I sigh, walking in and getting onto the lift. When it opens, I walk out and down the narrow hallway to the front door.

I walk in and I am met with the dining table filled with roses and lit by candles. This is the kind of things I had gotten used to when we first met... but then I was met with the reality of who he really was.

I sit my bag down and walk over to the table. Wyatt walks in a few minutes later with a small smile on his face and a look of regret in his eyes.

"What's all of this?" I ask and he hurrys to pull the chair out for me to sit.

"Well... it's an apology dinner." He says and I nod, sitting down. He walks over to his chair and takes a seat. We sit in silence for a few minutes as I push my food around the plate, not even taking a bite of it.

"Josie I'm... I'm so sorry. I don't know what washed over me last night. I lost control and I didn't mean to." He says causing me to look up at him.

"It's okay." I say and he gives me an apologetic smile.

"So... I saw Hero today." I say hesitantly. I look up at him from under my lases and he has a surprised look on his face.

"Really?" He asks and places his fork down on his plate. I give him a small nod and he leans back in his chair.

"How did it go?" He asks and I fully look up at him.

"Not so well. It definetly wasn't what I expected it to be." I say and he nods.

"I'm sorry Josie. How long is he staying?" He asks and I look back down at my plate.

"I'm not sure. He expanded his business here so I think he'll be here for a while." I say and he stays silent for a few seconds.

"Well I should meet him someday." He says and starts eating again. Yeah, then maybe he'll beat the shit out of you and put you in your place.

"Yeah that would be great." I say as excited as I could. We eat the rest of our meals. I barely eat, suddenly a loss in appetite ever since I came back here.

"So, how was work?" He asks as he stands up and grabs the plates from the table. I stand up and walk over to him, taking the dirty dishes and put them into the dishwasher.

"It was okay. I didn't really do much, I was a little preoccupied with something else." I say and he stills. I look up at him and there is a fire in his eyes.