Reflected IV

Chapter 4: Moral of the Story

Hero

A knock sounds throughtout the penthouse and I groan loudly. Cheryl has been bothering me ever since I told her that I say Jo today. I told her that I was about to go to bed so of course she'd check up on me again. I drag myself out of this big ass bed and walk towards the door.

"How many times do I have to say I don't need anything Cheryl." I yell and pull open the door. I'm not met with the redhead I thought I'd see, but my eyes travel down to Jo's small figure. I'm immediately more annoyed than I was but it's instantly replaced by worry.

Her hand is cupping her left eyes and she looks warry. I see blood between her fingers, and red smeared on her cheek. She looks scared and in immense pain.

"Jo? What the fuck happened?" I yell, panicing.

"I... W-Wyatt." She stutters out and immediately after, her knees buckle and she passes out. I move my feet quickly, catching her before she hits the ground. I look down at her face. Her left eye is blackened with a deep cut just above it that is still bleeding.

Fuck, how hard did he hit her?

My eyes travel down to her neck where there are bruises all around in the form of hands. That son of a bitch! I pick her up bridal style and carry her into the bedroom after closing the front door. I lay her down in the bed, hurrying into the bathroom and grabbing the first aid kit.

I take out everything that I'll need, gauze, alcohol, peroxide, and tape. I'll probably need to take her to the hospital to get stitches. I grab a peice of gauze, coating it in alcohol, and press it against the cut. I clean the wound with the alcohol and peroxide. When I'm done, I put a couple of peices of gauze on the cut, then taping it there to stop the bleeding.

I go into the bathroom, grabbing a rag and soaking it with hot water. I walk back in and sit down on the bed beside her. I swipe the rag across her face, cleaning all of the blood off. I wonder if these bruises happened tonight. They look new but not like they were done tonight.

Is this what the night before? I didn't see them this morning. She probably used makeup to cover it up so that he could go to work without any hassel.

I travel the rag down to her neck, wiping around and the bruises become more clear. I look down at the rag and it confirms what I suspected. There is makeup staining the white rag. I sigh loudly and curse myself for not stopping her from going back there.

I put the rag down on the dresser and bring my hand to cup her cheek. I push a peice of hair behind her ear. I focus in on her hair and see a small bald spot there, the scalp there red and bleeding slightly.

What a fucking pussy, pulling her hair. I should kill that bastard. I sigh, standing up and grabbing my phone. I dial 911 and they answer soon after.

"911 how may I assist you?" A woman asks and I walk out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"I would like to report an assault and domestic violence." I say and I hear her typing on her computer.

"Okay, please continue." She says and I tell her everything I've seen and heard.

"We'll send someone to the building now to check it out. Can I have your name?" She asks.

"Hero Fiennes-Tiffin." I say and she types on her keyboard.

"Okay, we'll send someone to talk to you and Miss Langford tomorrow." She says and I hum.

"Alright, thank you." I say and she says good bye. I hang up the phone and walk back into the room. I walk over to the bed and lay down beside Jo. I lay on my side, staring at her bruised but still beautiful face. There are no words that can express how much I missed her.