Reflected XX

Chapter 20: Complicated

Josephine

I stare at myself in the mirror, looking down at the beautiful long white gown. Looking at Cami through the mirror, she looks me up and down with teary eyes and her mouth opened slightly. I called her a couple of days ago, saying I want her to be my maid of honour and that I wanted her to help me pick out my dress. She got here yesterday and I told her that she could stay with Hero and I so that she didn't have to pay for a hotel.

"I think this is the one." I say and she nods fastly, walking over to me.

"You're so beautiful Jo." She gasps and I chuckle, happy tears filling my eyes as I look at my reflection.

"I think we're getting this one." I tell the kind bridal shop worker that has been helping me look through dresses. She nods with a big smile on her face.

I step back into the dressing room, taking the dress off and putting it back into the dress bag. When I come out of the dressing room with the dress in my hands, Cami and I walk over to the counter. I pay for the dress and we walk out of the shop. As we walk out to the car, and I start putting the dress into the backseat of my car, Cami decides to speak.

"So who is this girl that you wanted me to meet?" She asks and I look back at her, closing the back door.

"She is my personal bodyguard. Hero hired her after we found out that Wyatt broke out of prison. He wanted to make sure that I was still safe so she is still working with us." I tell her and open the drivers door. She walks over to the passenger side and gets in. I start the car and we start to drive out of the parking lot.

"Is she good at her job?" Cami asks and I nod to her.

"Yeah she's really good. She used to be in the Army and then when she got out, she went into the police academy and then she became a security gaurd." I say and Cami hums. I look over at her and she looks like she's thinking about something really hard.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask and she breaks out of her daze, looking back over at me.

"Uh sorry. I just kind of got lost in my own thoughts." She says and I nod.

"It's okay. So what are you planning for my bachelorette party?" I ask and she sighs.

"Well it's kind of hard to think of something. Going to a club is out because you can't drink. Can't do strippers because of your PTSD with all men except for Hero. And staying at home watching movies is one hell of a boring party." She says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, maybe we should just do nothing. There isn't much we can do." I say and she chuckles.

"Well we can do a girls day. Go get our nails done and go shopping." She says and I nod.

"Yeah that would be fun." I say and she nods.

"So it's settled then. Better get ready to steal Hero's bank cards." She says and I laugh.

"Cami, I own a publishing firm." I say and she nods, laughing along with me.

"Yeah, I keep forgeting about that." She says and I chuckle. It doesn't take long for us to get back to the house. As I pull into the driveway, I see Doves car pulled in and I smile.

"Well, Dove's here so you can finally meet her." I say and she nods. We both get out of the car when I park and turn it off. I open the back door, grabbing my dress and we walk up to the door.

"Ugh, is it bad that I just want to go to bed and sleep until the wedding." I say and Cami starts laughing. I open the door and she is still chuckling as we walk through the door. I see Hero in the kitchen cooking and Dove is sitting at the counter on her phone.