Reflected XII

Chapter 12: Burn

Hero

"Hero, I need to go to work." Jo says as she buttons up her white shirt. I lay in bed, watching her as she gets ready. She tucks her shirt into her tight black skirt.

"I want you to be safe Jo. Why can't you just wait to go tomorrow when the bodyguards are here?" I ask and she sighs, turning around to look at me.

"Because I need to work so that we can find a place to live. Plus I can't just lock myself away because that gives him the power. I won't let him get to me." She says and I sigh.

"Then take me to work with you. I want to make sure that you're safe at all times." I say and she groans.

"There is security at the publishing house. It is a place where many people are, I'll be fine there." She says and I sit up, staring at her.

"You either take me with you or you aren't going." I say and she chuckles.

"I'm going Hero, you aren't stopping me from working." She says and grabs her purse and putting her jacket on.

"Then I'll follow you there." I say and she shakes her head.

"For god's sake Hero. I will be fine." She says and starts walking to the door. I jump up after her and before she reaches for the handle, I grab her wrist and pull her back to me. Her chest collided with mine and I lean down, kissing her harshly. She kisses me back and I wrap my arm around her waist.

"I'm going with you." I say against her lips and she shakes her head. I bite her lip and she whimpers. "I'm going with you Josephine." I say again and she shakes her head once more. I pull away from her lips, bending down and picking her up, throwing her over my shoulder. She gasps and I carry her back to the bedroom. I close the door with my foot and toss her onto the bed.

"Then you aren't going anywhere." I say and she leans up on her elbows, looking up at me. She scowls at me and I smile sweetly at her. She huffs and lays back down.

"I need to work Hero. If I don't, I could lose my firm." She says and I look down at her.

"It's your firm Jo. You can't lose it." I say and she looks up at me.

"But I can lose my workers because I'm not paying them, my writers because I'm not there to look over their books and-" She says but I cut her off.

"I'll pay for all of that until Wyatt and Jacob are caught. Then you can go back and everything will still be the same." I say and she shakes her head.

"How many times have I told you that I like doing things my own way." She says and I sigh angrily.

"Many times but I don't care anymore. The only thing I care about is your safety and you aren't going back until this blows over and that's final." I say and walk into the bathroom. I take off my clothes and get into the shower. I wash my hair and my body, then get out. I wrap a towel around my waist and I walk back into the room. Josephine is still laying on the bed where I left her. I walk over to the dresser, pulling out a black pair of boxers and a pair of sweatpants. I quickly dry off my body and put my clothes on, I look back at Jo and she is staring at me.

"I really don't have a choice do I?" She asks softly and I shake my head.

"Nope, because I want to marry you and if you get hurt, I won't be able to forgive myself because I wasn't able to keep you safe. When the security gets here, I might think about letting you go to work but until they do, you're staying here with me." I say and walk over to her.

"Fine." She pouts but then looks up at me. "But you better make my off time worth it." She says and I smirk.

"Of course baby." I say, climing ontop of her and kissing her intensly.