Reflected XVII

Chapter 17: Rumor

Josephine

"I'll see you tomorrow baby." He says, leaning down and kissing me really quickly. He picks up his suitcase and hurrys out of the door so that he isn't late for his flight to Seattle.

My brows furrow as I think about the encounter that we just had. He didn't even say I love you before he left and gave me a really quick kiss. As I turn to walk up the stairs back to our room, the door opens and Hero's head peaks through.

"I forgot to say it. I love you and I'll see you tomorrow." He says and a smile spreads across my face.

"I love you too. Have a good flight and be safe." I say and he nods.

"I will. Bye Jo." He says and I nod to him. He moves his head and closes the door again. I slowly walk up the stairs and head into the bedroom. I look around finding nothing that seems amusing for me to do. I sigh to myself and walk back out of the room, going down the hallway and back down the stairs. I go into the kitchen and start unpacking what few boxes that I didn't unpack the other night when Hero went out to Nolan's grand opening.

When he got back I was asleep and I could tell that he was hungover the next by the way he moped around. As I unpack the boxes, I turn on music so that the time passes a little faster. When all of the boxes are unpacked, I look around and my eyes land on the clock. Damn, already 8:36. I go back up the stairs and walk into our room, stripping the clothes off of my body, putting them into the laundry hamper and going into the bathroom.

I take a long hot shower and then wrap a towel around my body. I go back into our room, getting dressed slowly and putting on one of Hero's large black shirts. I walk over to the bed and lay down, turning on the telly. I flip through Netflix, looking for something interesting to watch but find nothing so I exit out of it and go to HBO Max. As soon as I open up the app, my eyes lock on a show called Euphoria. I click on it and look through the episodes. I play the first and watch it silently. Somewhere through the middle, I fall asleep to the sound of a girl named Rue talking about her addiction to drugs.

When I wake up, the telly is still on but the first episode is already over. I look over at the bedside, seeing that it is already 10 in the morning. Damn, I didn't think that I slept that long. I get up and walk into the bathroom, doing my business and then my teeth. Seeing as I need to be a little productive today, I put on a pair of grey sweatpants.

I walk back into the bedroom, picking up the laundry basket, I take it to the laundry room and start putting the clothes into the washer. When most of them are in there, I grab one of Hero's white button up shirts that he wears to work. I'm about to put it in the washer but a spat of red on the collar catches my eye. I turn the shirt over, gasping as I see bright red lipstick in the shape of a kiss on the collar.

What the fuck is this? I'm carrying his child!

Bringing the shirt closer to my face to get a better look, the smell of another woman's perfume hits me. A wave of betrayl hits me and I can't stop the tears from forming in my eyes, then falling down my cheeks. My feet move before my mind notices what they're doing. I walk into the kitchen, sitting down in one of the chairs pushed under the table. My mind wanders to places that I don't want it to go to. And as I stare at the kiss on his shirt, I don't realise how much time passes. The door opens and Hero walks in obliviously.

"Hi baby, I'm back. That meeting was so long. This guy was raising hell because he didn't like the color on the cover of his book." He says, not noticing the state that my mind is in.

"You wanna go get a show-" He says but stops when he looks at me. His eyes travel down to the shirt clutched in my hands and then his eyes widen. He looks back up at me and starts walking over slowly.