Reflected XXVI

Chapter 24: Dusk Till Dawn

Josephine

"I don't know about this Hero." I say as I watch the woman playing with Scarlett.

"Honey, she's a baby sitter. We'll only be gone for a couple of hours so that we can have our time." He says, kissing the top of my head.

"Plus, you can't back out on me. I reserved us an expensive restaurant and.... I got us a hotel." He says, smirking at me and I smile up at him.

"I just don't like the idea of leaving our daughter with a woman we barely know." I say, looking at the woman.

"Babe, we've known her for a couple of weeks now." He says and I sigh.

"Yeah but that isn't enough time to trust her with our daughter." I say and he sighs, stepping in front of me and looking deeply into my eyes.

"Babe, everything will be okay. We'll be gone for just a few hours. Then we'll come back and cuddle our baby." He says and I sigh, looking down.

"I know I'm being paranoid-" I start to say but he cuts me off.

"It's completely normal to feel this way. You haven't been away from her that much so I get it. But if I don't get you to myself, I'll go insane." He says and I chuckle.

"Okay, okay. I'll calm down." I say and he sighs happily.

"So we can go?" He asks and I nod.

"We can go." I say and he turns towards the baby sitter, Michelle, I think her name is.

"Alright Michelle, we should be back around 9 or 10." He says and she nods.

"Okay you two. Have fun." She says while smiling at us and Hero takes my hand so that I don't back out. We walk through the door and he leads me to the car. He opens the door for me and I get in. Hurrying around the car, he gets in and starts driving.

After a few minutes, we arive at a fancy french restaurant and I stare out of the window in awe. I don't realise that he has gotten out until I see him outside of the window. He opens the door and helps me out. We walk hand in hand into the restaurant.

"Reservation for Mr. and Mrs. Fiennes Tiffin." Hero says and I smile at him. They waiter nods to us, giving us a small smile and starts showing us to our table. He leads us down to one of the tables in the back away from all of the other people in here. We sit down and start looking at our menus.

"What can I get you two to drink?" The waiter comes back and asks and I look up at him.

"We'll have a bottle of your best red wine." Hero answers for me and he nods to the waiter. The man walks off to get the wine and Hero and I look at the menu.

"I think I'm gonna get a steak." I say and he nods.

"Yeah that sounds good." He says and looks up at me. "I'm ready for tonight." He says and I smile at him.

"I am too." I say and he smirks at me.

"Here is your wine." The waiter says as Hero and I are just staring into each others eyes.

"Thank you." I say, as he pours some into our glasses.

"Have you decided what you would like?" He asks, looking straight at me and I smile at him.

"Yes, I would like a steak with aspargus." I say and he smiles at me. He looks at Hero and his smile drops into a serious face.

"I would like the same thing." Hero says, not even looking at him while handing him his menu. The waiter nods, looking at me and smiling, then walking away. I look back at Hero and he has his eyebrows raised at me.