Reflected V

Reflected- Chapter 5: Fuckin Perfect

Josephine

I sit across the table, listening to Wyatt feed Hero all of these bullshit lies about what really happened last night. If Hero wasn't planning something, I would think that he was believing everything Wyatt was telling him. I was scared when I saw Wyatt at the door talking to Hero. Not just because of his presence but because of what he was telling Hero. I knew he started to believe what he was saying, his shoulders started to slump and his fists were slowly unclenching. I had to make him believe that what I said was true, so I stopped the conversation.

"She wasn't who she said she was when I first met her. She turned into this evil monster, I started seeing through her perfect facade and I saw who she really was." He says and my jaw clenches. Hero looks over at me, his eyes hard as stone. But just before he speaks again, his eyes turn soft, telling me that he's sorry for what he's about to say. He turns back to Wyatt and says,

"Yeah, I started to see her true self too. She was amazing at first but when I got to know her, she wasn't the perfect person I thought she was." It's like those words slice through my heart, but then I remember that it's just part of the act. Or at least I hope it is.

Swallow the lump in my throat and look back up at the men. Hero turns to look at me, signalling me with his eyes that it's about to happen now.

"Now." He mouths and I stand up fastly, walking over to him. I raise my fist, mouthing to him that I'm sorry and he gives me a swift nod. I punch his as hard as I can, his face turning to the side and knocking him out of the chair. He groans in pain and Wyatt shoots up out of his chair, rushing to Hero as he holds the side of his face. He pulls his hand back, looking at blood in the palm of his hand. Wyatt looks up at me, that same evil look in his eye that i've seen for the past two nights.

"What the fuck Jo?" He yells, standing up and walking over to me fastly. I back away, trying to get away from him.

"Hero." I whimper out and as soon as his name leaves my mouth, Wyatt is ripped away from me. I watch as Hero turns him over and starts throwing punches at Wyatt's face. It's hard to count how many punches Hero throws, it all is happening so fast. Hero throws one more punch to Wyatt, landing it on his jaw. He leans up, still on Wyatts waist. He grabs onto Wyatt's jacket and lifts him closer.

"You're wrong Wyatt. She is fuckin' perfect. And no one will ever change that, espcially not you." He spats in Wyatt's face. I think he's done talking but he keeps going.

"And I feel fucking sorry for you. She is the best person that you could've ever found to love you. But you're ignorent, you're stupid, and you have no fucking soul. And I should kill you, God knows that it's so fucking tempting, but I will tell you that he has something special waiting for you in hell." He says harshly and slams his body down on the ground.

He walks over to me, swiping his hand along my cheek. The strong stench of blood wafts into my nose and I cringe at the smell.

"Come on, we need to call the cops." He says and I nod.

"What are we going to tell him?" I ask and he takes my hand, walking over to grab his phone.

"Well, you punched me pretty good so I'll say that he came here, attacked me and then went after you. It'll be counted as self defence." He says and I nod. He dials the number and tells the cops everything.