Reflected XVIII

Chapter 18: Sweater Weather

Josephine

Somewhere in the middle of the night, Hero mistakenly fell asleep. I think he tried to stay up with me but the jetlag got to him. I didn't get any sleep, my thoughts kept going back to the woman that say on his lap. Who is she? Why did he think it was normal for her to just walk up and sit on his lap?

I am so fucking confused and heartbroken even though Hero didn't even cheat on me. Or maybe he did... no, he wouldn't. I don't know why I would think he would ever do something like that to me, especially since I'm pregnant with his baby.

Looking over to Hero, he is still sound asleep. I slowly get out of bed, shivering when the cold air hits me. I walk into the closet, getting the sweater I took with me when I left. Pulling it over my head, I walk out of the room and down the stairs. I go into the kitchen and pull out eggs, bacon, and pancake mix. I start cooking, making sure that I pay the same amount of attention to everything since I'm cooking it all at the same time.

When I'm done with the eggs and bacon, I'm still flipping two pancakes. I hear Hero walking down and I don't even turn around to look at him.

"Good morning baby." He says and I flip the pancake again.

"Morning." I say and he walks over to me. His arms wrap around my waist and my body tenses a little. He notices this and loosens his grip around a little and puts his chin on my shoulder.

"How are feeling?" He asks and I shrug, not wanting to talk. He sighs, pulling away from me and sits down in one of the chairs that is at the island. He watches me as I put the two pancakes on the plate with the other three. I hand him a plate I made for him then grab another one, putting three pancakes on it and sliding it to him. He thanks me and starts eating.

I grab my plate and stand up opposite of him. I start eating, keeping my eyes down at my plate. I feel his eyes on me but I ignore them and continue to eat my food. He clears his throat and I finally look up at him.

"We should talk." He says and I look back down at my plate.

"Then talk." I say and he sighs.

"You said it would take some time for you to get over this." He says and I nod. "How much time?" He asks and I sigh, looking back up at him.

"How long did it take you to get over the fact that I left for six months?" I ask harshly and he gulps.

"I haven't." He says softly and I nod.

"Okay then. So when you get over that, I'll get over this. How would you feel if I throw this in your face everytime that we have an argument?" I ask and he looks down.

"I would get hurt." He says and I nod, smacking my hand down on the counter.

"Well look at there. Now you see how I feel." I say, turning around, putting the rest of my food in the trash and putting the plate and fork into the dishwasher along with all of the other dishes I used to cook.

"Jo, please. I forgave you for it but I still haven't gotten over it." He says and I turn around, looking at him.

"Forgiving me means that you have gotten over it Hero!" I yell and he looks down.

"Not necessarily." He says and I scoff.

"Oh really? How?" I ask and he looks up at me.

"Because you can still forgive someone and love them even though you haven't gotten over the pain they caused you." He says and I chuckle without humor.

"Okay. Fine." I say, walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I hear him sigh loudly as I go up the stairs. I walk into the room, pulling off the sweater and the rest of my clothes, putting them in the laundry basket. I walk into the bathroom, turning on the shower and getting in it. I slowly wash my hair then my body. I just stand under the water for a while, letting all of the anger in my body wash away.