Reflected XIV

Chapter 14: Supermarket Flowers

Hero

Walking through the hospital doors with Liz and Maze, I breathe in a shaky breath and clutch the roses that I bought on the way here a little tighter. We go to the elevator and ride it up to Josephines' room. When we get out, we walk down to the room and we see Dove and Andrew. They both are on alert but you can tell that they are tired. They both look at us as we walk up to her room.

"Good morning Mr. Tiffin." Andrew greets and I nod.

"You both can take a break, go get some sleep, shower, eat and whatever else. She has another surgery today so she should be safe." I say and they both nod.

"We'll see you later Mr. Tiffin." Andrew says and I nod. I knock on Josephine's door before opening it and walking in. I smile when I see her sitting up talking to the doctor about the surgery. She looks over at me and smiles.

"Good morning baby." I say, walking over to her. I hand her the flowers and she looks down at them, smiling.

"Good morning." She says and looks back up at me. I lean down, kissing her softly then pulling back, looking at the doctor.

"Doctor." I say and nod to him. He gives me a small nod and starts talking about all of the risks of her surgery. When he's done, he lets Liz, Maze and I have some time with her while he starts prepping everything.

"How's my baby boy doing?" I ask, sitting down in the chair and look down at her belly and smiling.

"He's good. Both of us are hungry but we can't eat because of surgery." She says and places a hand on her stomach. I grab her hand and hold it tightly.

"How are you feeling?" I ask and look up at her.

"I feel okay. They gave me some pain medicine that won't harm the baby so I'm not hurting." She says and I smile.

"That's good." I say and stare at her beautiful face. Liz and Maze walk over and we all start talking about the randomest things but worry invades us all as a couple of doctors walking into the room, telling us that it's time for her to go into surgery. I sigh, looking back down at her and she smiles, reasurring me.

"I'll be fine baby." She says and I nod. Leaning down, I kiss her three times. The best things happen when it goes in threes.

"I love you Jo. I can't live without you so you better come back to me." I say and she smiles.

"I love you too. Which is exactly why I'll always come back." She says and I smile. I watch as they roll her bed out of the room. Sighing, I walk out of the room with Liz and Maze, going out to the waiting room. We all sit in silence as we wait. When it feels like hours on end, the doctor walks into the waiting room, coming over to us. I stand up when I see him and then both Liz and Maze stand up behind me.

"She did great in there. Her vitals are perfect, as are the babys'. They will both be perfectly fine. We found the tumor just in time. If she hadn't been in here sooner, she would have had to withgo many chemo therapy sessions and many surgerys. She was lucky." She says and I stare at him in disbelief.

"Lucky?" I breathe out and my hands ball into a fist. "You think she's lucky because she got shot? You think she's lucky because she almost died in my arms? I would have given everything I had for her to not get shot but you are standing there saying that it was a good thing she did." I say, my voice rising.

"Mr. Tiffin, I am most certainly not glad that she got shot. I am just glad that we had found the tumor in time before she had to go through so much more pain." He says softly, not in the slightest bit affected by my outburst. My jaw clenches and I breathe in and out, trying to control my temper.