Reflected XIII

Chapter 13: The End of The World

Hero

The ambulace rushes through the New York traffic. I drive behind them, making sure not to get stopped by anyone. I'm breathing harshly, occationally looking into the window through the doors seeing them doing chest compressions on her. I should be in there, I should be with her but they wouldn't let me in there because of the condition that she's in. In a few minutes, we are at the hospital and I park the car, running to get inside the ER where they carry her in on a gurney.

"24 year old female, gunshot to her left torso. She coded for a few minutes but we got her back." One of the paramedics says to the doctor.

"How is she? Let me see her." I say, and try pushing to get to her.

"Sir, you need to step back. We need to get her into surgery as quickly as possible." The doctor says, holding me back.

"No, she's my fiancee, I have to see her. I need to make sure she's okay." I shout as the take her through a set of doors.

"Please. She's the love of my life." I say to the doctor, tears rolling down my face.

"Sir, we're going to do everything we can to make sure that she stays with you. Come on, I'll take you to the waiting room." He says and I sigh, looking at the doors where they took her. I follow behind the doctor and he tells me to sit down and that he'll get me some coffee. He comes back a few minutes later, handing me my coffee.

"Thank you." I say and he nods, sitting down beside me. "How long do you think it will take?" I ask and he sighs, leaning back in the chair.

"I don't know. It might be a few hours. Does she have any family that you need to call?" He asks and I look at him.

"Y-yeah. She does." I say and he nods.

"Alright, I'll let you do that. I'm gonna go get you an update on her. What is your name sir?" He asks and I look down.

"Hero Fiennes-Tiffin." I say and he nods.

"Alright Hero. I'll be back in an hour or two with her update." He says and I nod. He leaves and I sit there for a few minutes. I pull out my phone and go to my contacts, finding her mom's number. My thumb hovers her contact for a few seconds before I click on it, putting the phone to my ear. It rings a few times before she picks up the phone.

"Hi Hero." Her voice rings in my ear and I let out a shaky breath.

"Hey Mrs. Langford. A-are you busy?" I ask.

"No honey, I'm not busy. What's up?" She asks and I sigh.

"You may want to sit down for this Mrs. Langford." I say and she gasps.

"W-What happened?" She asks, her voice shaky.

"It's Jo. She... she's been shot." I say and try to keep myself together.

"What? H-How?" She asks and I can hear her worry.

"Umm, J-Jacob and her ex, Wyatt. They showed up at our hotel room and when I tried stopping them, um. Jacob shot her." I say and a few tears roll down my face. I hear her sobbing on the phone and I hear Maze say something to her.

"Honey... um... it's- it's your sister." She says and she tells Maze what happened. I hear Maze break down and I hang my head lowly.

"Hero... we're on our way. We'll be there in a few hours." She says and I nod my head.

"Okay Mrs. Langford." I say and she hangs up the phone.

I wait for what seems like hours and hours until I feel someone grab my shoulder. I jump and look behind me, seeing Mrs. Langford and Maze, both with tears staining their cheeks. I sigh, standing up and walking around to them, giving Mrs. Langford a hug. She hugs me tightly and I apologize to her so many times.