• Chapter 30 - Idea? •

~ Deku POV ~

I hear a shaky sigh from the somber man beside me "only if it was that easy" Denki states "only if it was that easy bunny..."

I try to focus on his every word in hope that it'd drown out his screams that still taunt me from what had happened before. Spoiler alert. It didn't.

"I'll find a way, trust me. I'll do it, I'll think of—" and then it hits me like lighting. An idea that both makes me feel like an absolute genius and a lousy fool (a better word for it would probably be a 'hero'. They seem to be pretty dumb) for not thinking of it any earlier. Denki notices how my face seemed to have lit up and how my fingers had abruptly stopped typing. "What are you thinking of now?" Denki questions, his voice low and full of warning.

~ Time skip - A week and 2 days later ~

" I'm not religious Bunny, but I'll have to become religious if you get us caught!!" Denki whisper yells to me as he continues to do his job being the 'look out'. I scoff as I continue to scavenge through files and folders in search for a certain password. "We might get caught if you keep on being so loud," I calmly point out, which just earns me a snarky comment back from Denki.

What was my 'genius' idea? It was simple enough, sneak into the security room when the security staff were at they're monthly meeting with Nezu and get the password for the fire wall. Of course, this whole plan was based off of hope that the hero's did write the password down somewhere and popped it into the security files. But this idea seemed better trying rather than continuing to type in millions of stupid passwords. Then once we get the password we'd deactivate the gate from here and sneak out. And, with the firewall password I'd just hack into their system from home and get the much more secretive information. Then show that information to the whole world and—!!

"Bunny hurry up they're coming back!! They're coming back!!" Denki whisper yells at me, urgency fills his voice. "I just need a few more seconds sparky," I whisper back, my fingers moving even faster now. I pretend to still seem calm and collected, but I'm not. I try to deny the fact I have nightmares at night that whisper to me throughout the day. Nightmares of exactly this happening. Us trying to escape, failing, getting punished and each time it ends up with Denki dying in my arms. Dying and screaming about how I couldn't protect him. How I failed. So I'm determined for those nightmares to NEVER come true. I spot a folder called 'Totally not passwords for everything'. I click the folder, obviously, and read the password to the firewall, learning it was '?Un1corn56*Popcoørn!'. It truely did seem like a kids password, one I would've never thought to try. "Bunny hide!!" Denki hisses and I quickly close the folder and stand next to denki, pressed up against the wall the door would open and cover us. And just on cue, the door did just that. As the last person came in and resumed their normal working position we slipped out. We ran out of the building, and once we got outside we assume it's safe. "You got the password Bunny?" Denki asks

"Sure did..."

"Yes!! That's great!"

"Not really... I didn't get to deactivate the entrance to get us out of here..... now we have to stay in this hell hole even longer!!"

"Yeah... and that sucks and all... but I know we can find a way out, cause we're Bunny and Sparky! And we can find a way out of everything!" Denki pumps a fist into the air with his goofy grin on, and I fail to hold back a soft chuckle.

Maybe things were finally starting to get better...

____________________________
A/N

I know this chapter is short— and I know it's been agEs since I uploaded. But it's better than nothiNg.

Is Deku and Denki really going to find another way out? Are things ACTUALLY going to get better for them? Or is this just the calm before the storm?

Find out wheNever I post next XD.

As per usual please tell me if there is any spelling or grammar errors.

Adios!

~ word count - 738 words ~