• Chapter 22 - Betrayal •

"Don't just stand there! Say something!" Denki pleaded. But despite his pleads I couldn't muster anything to say. I felt single tear slowly stream down my cheek as I tried to find the right words to say, but failed once again.
"Is there a reason that your ignoring us? Or are your new 'Hero' friends better than us? Did you just SUDDENLY forget what they did to you! To US!" Dabi spoke up. Though he was yelling at me, and it looked like he was angry, I could tell how seriously worried he was. He always tried to keep a tough act but eventually everyones past catches up to them. I don't know much about Dabis past, correction, I know nothing about Dabis past expect for one thing. It was messed up.

And I knew I should be pleading for mercy and explaining to them what situation I was in, but I also knew that would only anger them more. And get them into more trouble. So instead, I chose to explore further into the other thing that was troubling me. I softly placed my hand on Denkis cheeks. Rubbing the soft skin with my thumb gently.
"You're not hurt?" I quietly asked, loud enough for Denki to hear but not Dabi.
"Of course I'm hurt! Your ignoring us!" He yelled.
"No, not emotionally, I meant... physically," I whispered. He then looked at me, even more worried and confused.
"Why would I be physically hurt?" He whispered back.

"Heroes..."

"Pffft, they couldn't touch me even if they wanted to,"

"Don't underestimate them Denki,"

"Denki?"

"That is your name,"

"What happened to sparky?"

"Look, I've had enough of this!" Dabi spoke up again. "Why?" He demanded.
"I can't tell you..." I mumbled

"Why not?" He pressed on again

"Because I just can't..."

"That's not an excuse! Why?!"

"LOOK YOU THINK IF I COULD TELL YOU I WOULD?! BECAUSE IF I DAMN COULD I WOULD! JUST KNOW IM DOING THIS FOR YOU GUYS!" I snapped at them. I pushed Denki off me, and started to walk away where I saw Todoroki waiting for me. I turned around and got one last good look at them. "And for the record, I don't wanna be friends with you guys anymore, not even acquaintances. I don't wanna hang out with low life villain and a stupid jerk such as you two, I'm becoming a hero, number one to be exact. So don't get in my way," I turned around and continued walking so I didn't have to see the betrayal in their eyes, and they didn't have to see the tears in mine. Todoroki put his arm around my shoulder as we made our way into the dorms.
"Good job Deku, I can understand how hard that must've been for you," he whispered in my ear.
"Thanks..." I mumbled.

Todorki and I had made our way into my dorm. He was now staying in the same dorm as me, apparently it was apart of the terms and conditions, but I thought that was total bullshit. I went along with it anyway.
"I know you don't really like me... and I know I treated you and your friends wrong... So do you wanna get changed in here an ill get changed in the bathrooms? And then you can sleep on your bed and I'll sleep on the ground?" Todoroki offered. I felt a little at ease that he understands what he had done to me and the others and that he's sorry for it, also that he's trying his best to make me feel comfortable now. But I can never fully forgive him for this, that includes All might as well.
"That would be great thanks," I accepted. He took his clothes and left, locking the door behind him.

I got changed into my bunny jumper and some pyjama shorts, then set up a blow up mattress for Todoroki. I than sat on my bed, now not distracted from anything, I was left alone with my thoughts.

Was it really the right thing to do? Betraying them and turning into a hero? What am I thinking?! Of course it was the right thing to do! Denkis life was endangered! Do I still continue with trying to hack the firewall? No- there's no need for it anymore if I'm not a villain... but what about Dabi? I could still help him escape! Actually... never mind, he wouldn't want the help from a traitor...

My train of thoughts stoped in there tracks, as the soft click of the door opening was heard. Todoroki walked in now in his Pjyamas, with two bowls of food in his hands. He saw me wearing the bunny jumper, and it was clear he wasn't happy with it, but I could also tell he was trying his best to ignore it.
"I remembered you not liking Soba, so I got the left overs of the pork dumpling instead," He passed the food over and I mumbled a thank you and started eating.

After, eating, a put the bowl of the ground. "You finished that quickly," Todoroki chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, but it didn't work.
"Mhm, I'm going to sleep, can you turn off the lights and close the blinds please?" I asked to who he did.
"Can I give you a good night hug?" He mumbled.
"Sorry, I just really want to sleep," I explained lying down, facing the wall with the covers over me. I got no response but I could tell me wasn't happy. But I thank him in my head for not making a big deal out of it.

I woke up in the night to soft talking. I turned around to see Todoroki sleeping so it wasn't him. I tip toed of out bed and quietly opened the door. I poke my head past the wall to see Dabi and Denki having a fight.
"I already told you, we don't need you anymore Denki, you're fired!" Dabi whisper yelled.

"I need this Job Dabi! I need to be with you guys and help out!"

"I don't care anymore! We don't need you! Get it past your thick skull and into your head!"

"But who else is gonna report back to base with information?!"

"Me! I'm stuck here so I'll do it!"

"How are you going to contact them!! You don't even have the authority to fire me! That's Shiggys  job!"

"I swear if you won't stop acting like a child and accept your fate I'm gonna burn your ass right here right now,"

"If I'm going down then you are as well,"

I saw them both charge up there quirks a little, they clearly forgot where they were right now. But that wasn't the thing that was sending chills down my spin. It was the fact that because of me, I pissed off both of them, making them both believe they didn't need one another anymore. They were betraying each other. It was then I realised what the after effects are going to be form me being forced into the hero society.
________________________
A/N

I have no words-
I am speechless with what I have done-
The only thing I can think of is;
Why am I putting myself and everyone else in this pain again?

As always sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.

C'ya next chapter!

~1233 words~