• Chapter 26 - Forgiveness •

One second there telling me to quit being a villain and turn into a hero and the next second there telling me I'll always be a villain no matter what?! Why can't they make up their fucking mind?! ... am I a hero...? ... or am I a villain...? Why does none of this make sense?! It never does! Never! Never! Never! I remember how badly I wanted to be a hero when I was a kid, and how much I enjoyed the "low life" of being a villain... so which one am I...?

Gritting my teeth as the waves of electrical currents stop I ignore the screams of my skin as it still sizzles. I look up at the screening window and lock eyes with Aizawa. Steadying my breathing I huff out and grin "Fuck you... who ever said... I wanted to be a hero?"

I wanted to cry and scream out in pain, but I had to be strong. For Denki and Dabi. That's why I got myself in this shit in the first place and I'm sure as hell I'm not backing out now. And there was no way I was gonna show any sign of weakness to the heroes anymore, they can punch and beat and electrocute me as much as they want, but they'll never take away my pride in being a villain!

I think....?

Todoroki Pov

It's been a week since we saw what the heroes have been doing to Deku. A week since they all laughed at his pain an agony as if saying "That's all you got? Weak!" Even though they had never experienced it first hand. And It's been an hour since I found out who the UA traitor was. Frantically running up and down, left and right, looking for all might. It had only just clicked yesterday, The UA traitor fought Deku when he wasn't enrolled in UA and hated his guts but as soon as Deku comes they're the best of friends, not a second thought. The UA traitor switched so easily to the other side as soon as they came. The UA traitor hangs out with them all day, every day, even when I took Deku away the traitor still hung out with Dabi.

I saw All Might turn a corner in the distance so I quicken my paste to catch up to him, calling his name out a bit. I see him turn into the staff room so, i slam the door open.

"Oh hello young todoroki! What can I do for you today?" All might grins .

How did he not hear me yelling out his name? God he gotta get his ears checked, I think all that fame and fortune has blocked them up!

I walk in and softly close the door behind me, getting straight to the point.
"I know who the UA traitor is."

"For certain?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Well, who is it then?!"

Deku's Pov

". . . So you'll forgive me?" It's funny how your body can make you think and feel, you can be a "big bad beast" causing trouble all over town and not having the slightest care about anyone or anything that gets hurt in the process expect for your friends and family, and the next your squeaking for forgiveness!

"Well now knowing that you literally had no choice to do the things you did without, well that happening, I think we can forgive you this once," Dabi shrugs it off as if nothing happened while Denki attacks me in a hug.

I softly giggle but the burn marks are still vaguely biting away at my skin "Ow- Denki let go—" I mumble, to which he complies.

And all it took was that. And everything went back to 'normal'. 'Normal' long boring days. 'Normal' idiotic "hero" classes. 'Normal' how do I escape thoughts. Forgiveness seems to be handed out to someone without a care. As if it was them going "I'm only forgiving you because if I don't I'll be seen as mean" rude. Cruel. Selfish. The list could go on and on and on. The word 'sorry' being butchered to the point it's tattered and torn, no longer holding any value or meaning. When will they all realise forgiveness has to be earned not handed out like those useless flyers you see people giving out in town?

'Normal' "Am I really a villain? Or am I a hero?" Thoughts....

What even is "normal"?

What even is "right"?

And what the hell is "wrong"?

What is the difference between being sorry and asking for forgiveness?

Is there even a difference?

And how come everyo—

My thoughts are cut short by the bell as it pierces through the loud murmurs of the lunchroom, informing everyone lunch was over. My thoughts scramble and temporarily vanish into the depths of my mind.

"Deku!" Denki calls out loudly. The bell has between him to it this time.

"Uh— yeah?" I ask.

"You were zoning out again!"

"Oh? Was I...? Okay... and?"

"You've been doing it all week, we're starting to get worried" Dabi adds, but he certainly didn't sound worried.

"Oh I'm sorry sparky and burnt beans, is being electrocuted, forced to be in a relationship you don't want to be with, forced to train under someone who won't accept you and being homesick not enough to allow someone to day dream a little?" I unconsciously get defensive and snap a little. Watching as their faces melt and contort further into worry.

"Look, I'm fine guys. See! It's just me! Same old deku with just a couple new scars, it's nothing new. We have to head to class now anyone, so let's just go show some heroes you can't fix your mistakes when the "mistakes" don't wanna be "fixed" " I wear a deceiving smile on my face. But it's fine. Really it's fine. It's all fine. I'm fine. Their fine. It is. Fine.......

But I still just wanna go home.....

____________________________

A/N

Hi! Have a super late chapter! And a short one at that— I just had no motivation to I guess. But thanks for the supportive comments it means a lot! So as asked, here's your chapter! it's not as action packed as most of them but I hope you still enjoy it!

As per usual please tell me if theirs any grammar/spelling errors.

And I'll c'ya next chapter!

Adios~!

~1067 words~