bonus chapter- 47

"happy birthday minjae!" everyone shouted as they were all now seated at the table.

"thank you guys, really." minjae smiled.

"id like to make a speech!" minho stood up.

"lee minjae! these past 18 years raising you have been the best. i'm so proud to call you my daughter, and i'm glad it's you who made me a father. you're a pain in the ass and it wasn't easy learning about girls puberty, but we figured it out together. i not only taught you a lot of life lessons, but you taught me life lessons too.

"you're my best friend, and you've always been there for me. i don't like being vulnerable but for you and jisung, i can always make an exception. you helped me through rough patches with your father and we've helped you through rough patches with those two lovely ladies next to you.

"i knew i was protective over your father but boy, i did not expect to be just as protective over you. i remember when you came home upset about some girls who said some really mean things about you. i was ready to leave. if they were fourteen, so was i. but you became my priority. i remember taking you out to get ice cream, and the way you hugged me tighter than you ever have.

"sometimes i feel a little down that you were adopted, but you never fail to make me see that you're my daughter no matter if you have my blood or not. when i saw you at the adoption center, and i looked into your big brown eyes and your chubby little fingers were curled into your body, i knew i had to have you.

"and here we are, eighteen years later. you're still one of the best things to ever happen to me, and i love you so much." minho finished off, looking into his daughters tear filled eyes.

"i love you, dad." minjae softly sobbed, getting up to hug minho.

"i love you too, bug." minho pressed a gentle kiss on top of her head.

"my turn!" jisung stood up, teary eyed from minhos speech.

"lee minjae! my beautiful baby girl! these past eighteen years have flown by. you're more my best friend than minhos." jisung stuck his tongue out.

"anyways bug, i'm so proud of you. you've grown into such a lovely person. as your father said, as soon as we saw you in the adoption center we knew you were the one. that day that we brought you home was one of the happiest of my life.

"i was like 'oh my god! i'm a dad!' and you just laughed, that's all you could really do besides cry, shit, and throw up. but anyways, i miss the feeling of shopping for clothes for my baby girl, and now you're all grown up so i can't do that.

"i remember the first time you came crying to me. like CRYING to me. you were two, and we were in your play room. you were playing with your dolls and had fallen and hit your head. that's the first time i ever saw you sob like that.

"i was quick to hug you, and i remember smiling to myself because my daughter needed me. she needed my comfort. your dad was baking cookies that day, and shortly after he brought them to the living room and we watched mulan, your favorite movie.

"and looking at you now, you're just like her. you're strong, and brave, and independent. and i am so proud to call you my daughter. i am so proud of you.

"when my life was finally great, you came in and made it even better. you're my little ray of sunshine. and you always will be no matter how big you get.

"i love you, bug." jisung smiled softly at his crying daughter.

minjae went to her other fathers arms, hugging him tightly. when she pulled away, minho had wrapped his arm around her as she had hers around jisung.

she took one good look around the room, admiring all the people who loved and cared about her. she felt very grateful to call this her home. these people are her home.

"i love you guys, all of you." she smiled softly.

"we love you too."

a/n: another surprise!! anyways yeah, i love you guys. thank you so much for reading this book and i really hope you enjoyed it <3