Chapter 41

As their wedding date approached, Becca began finalizing the details. She wanted it to be perfect. The kids were all involved. Shawn had gotten a paternity test scheduled for the kid Celeste claimed to have. He didn't even want to meet the kid until after the test results. Becca respected that and they had worked out what he would ask for in terms of custody if it was his. They wanted to have all their ducks in a row.

"Becca," Marshall called, entering the house.

"Hey big brother, what's up?" she asked, entering the foyer.

"Who the hell is Celeste?"

Becca stopped in her tracks. She wasn't sure why Marshall was asking and she wasn't sure she wanted to know why he was asking. He stared at her waiting for an answer. He didn't appreciate people trying to act like they knew him nor did he like the scandal he had just heard on the radio.

"She is some girl, Shawn dated briefly, why?" she asked.

"Well she has your name in her mouth," he replied.

"What do you mean?"

He handed her the recording of the girl talking badly about his sister. He was not happy and already had a team on it but Becca had the right to know. She took it and went to listen to it.

"She's trying to claim that she has Shawn's baby. They have a paternity test scheduled by the courts because of it. I don't believe it and neither does Melinda," Becca said. 

"Well she's pissing me off. She ain't gotta bring up your shit like that," Marshall said. 

"I know. I'll talk to Shawn about it all. How did you find this?"

"She called into the radio today. Just to run her mouth about our family. I have a team dealing with it now. Paul is on it. I just needed you two to know what's going on."

Becca nodded. She was supposed to be off work until the wedding in two weeks. Marshall had been fine with that because he wanted his sister to relax and her wedding to be the way that she wanted it. She looked slightly frustrated about this new revelation. She looked at her brother. 

"Sorry baby sis, I know this is supposed to be your weeks," he said. 

"You didn't go run your mouth," Becca replied. 

Marshall chuckled. She sat down on the couch. She knew that she needed to warn Shawn about what was going on. He needed to get something to shut her up. 

"I got a thing at Mom's Spaghetti. I will see you later," Marshall told her. 

"Ok, thank you," she replied. 

"You're welcome."

He headed out. She picked up the phone to call her fiancé at work. Shawn answered the phone quickly. 

"Hey baby, what's up?" he asked. 

"Well your wannabe baby mama has decided since you are ignoring her, she would go on the radio to bring drama to our front door." Becca said. 

"She knows that we are getting married."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"She thought that by claiming to have my child that we would break up. She wants that last name,"

"Well Marshall heard the radio and he's not happy."

"It's my fault too huh?"

"No, he put a team on it right away before even coming to me with it. He's trying to protect us both."

When Shawn arrived home that night, they went through their normal routine. Once the kids were in bed, they sat down to listen to the recording together. 

(Radio program)

"We want to welcome our caller who seems to have some inside information into the life of Rebecca Mathers. As we all know, Rebecca is the younger sister of Eminem. She was unknown prior to delivering her second child on New Years Day almost two years ago." the host said. 

"Thank you for having me," Celeste broke in. 

"So you dated the soon to be husband of Rebecca Mathers?"

"I have his child."

"Oh you do?"

"He denies him because Rebecca makes him. She is forcing him to stay away from his son and deny him. I have had to take him for a paternity test just to prove to her that my child is Shawn's baby."

"Why did you two split?"

"He was cheating on me with her. I caught him and left. Now he doesn't even want to be a father to his son because of her. He has another child too and barely ever sees him all because Rebecca wants him to be daddy to her kids."

"Who is his other child?"

"His son Chris with his ex from high school. We stick together as Shawn's baby mama's now. She makes sure that Chris gets to see his little brother since their father can't be bothered."

Shawn stopped the recording and picked up the phone. He dialed Melinda even though he knew the answer before he asked. 

"Hey what's up?" Melinda asked. 

"You haven't been hanging around with Celeste have you?" Shawn asked. 

"Ew, no."

"That's what I thought."

"What is going on?"

"She did an interview on the radio today about what a horrible father and person I am and how Becca is a homewrecker and apparently controlling."

"She's crazy as hell. I have never and would never hang out with that girl."

"I assumed so."

They got off the phone and got back to the recording. 

"It doesn't surprise me though because Rebecca's brother is a cheater too." Celeste said. 

"Which brother?" the host asked. 

"Both of them. But we all know how Eminem cheated on Kim and all the shitty things he did to that poor woman."

Rebecca's jaw dropped. She knew exactly why her brother was pissed now. She hadn't gotten this far earlier as she decided to wait to listen when Shawn was with her. She stared at her fiancé in absolute shock. 

"What's Marshall's plan for all this?" Shawn asked. 

"I don't know, he's waiting to hear back from Paul," Becca replied. 

"Well there's nothing we can really do about it right now. We just have to continue living our lives and I guess straighten people out as they approach us."

Becca nodded. She wasn't even sure that would work at this point in time. She was worried about everything and the backlash that Chris might here. Shawn text Melinda to tell her to listen to the show because their son was brought into it. He wanted to determine how best to proceed with dealing with anything that Chris may hear about him or their family. 

"She's psycho. I hate to say this about any child but I pray that he's not yours," she said. 

"I know, me too," he replied. 

*Two Weeks Later*

Rebecca and Shawn's wedding was the talk of the Detroit social scene. It was coupled with the drama of the recording from the radio. Rebecca wasn't happy about it but she was dealing with it as best she could. She went into the room for her make up and hair. Shawn was getting ready in another room. He had Axel and Chris with him. Chloe was with her mother. Marshall and Nate were with the guys as well. They were all excited about the day. 

"Security in place?" Marshall asked Paul. 

"Of course it is, we won't have the drama of the radio here although the vultures are trying to get into the wedding," Paul replied. 

Shawn just shook his head. He never dreamed that things could end up like this. He was concerned with how it was all going to end up. He didn't want the drama. He just wanted to be happy with his soon to be wife and their kids.