Chapter 44

April came around quickly and they were off to Marshall's private jet. They flew to their destination wedding. Becca was so excited. She shifted Axel in her lap. He was asleep in her arms as they flew. Chloe was staring out the window. Marshall was napping. Shawn was next to Chloe as she excitedly told him about everything she saw below them. Chris was listening to his music. 

"You ready to do this?" Becca asked. 

Shawn grinned and nodded. Nathan and his family were coming down later on in the week. The others were all going early so they could put the final touches on everything. Becca leaned back in her seat. She smiled as she moved her son again to get more comfortable. 

"Do you want me to take him?" Shawn asked. 

"No, it's all right. I've got him," she replied. 

"Babe."

"It's ok."

She was keeping a secret from everyone right now. She had gone off her birth control two months earlier and she was six weeks pregnant. She hadn't said a word about finding out two days before they left for the wedding. She was going to have to tell them all at some point and she was a bit frustrated that they had conceived prior to the wedding but in reality they should have already been married for six months. It had all been messed up by a crazy woman who was still harassing him. She was still running her mouth to the tabloids claiming Shawn as the father of her child even though the test said otherwise. She had started claiming that he had faked the test. 

They were going to do this and it was going to be perfect. Becca was sure of it. They landed an hour later and were taken to their resort room. She had a meeting with the people who were handling the plans later that afternoon. Chris was going to keep an eye on Chloe and Axel with Marshall while they met with the planners. 

"You sure that you'll be all right with them both?" Becca asked. 

"Yeah it will be fine," Marshall told her. 

She nodded. They had lunch and she got Axel down for a nap before they left to go meet with them. She smiled as Shawn pulled her into his arms in the elevator. He pressed a kiss to her lips. 

"Six days and you will officially be Mrs. Shawn Danvers, babe," he said. 

"It's not soon enough," she replied. 

"I know. It should have happened six months ago, but we are getting it done."

She nodded and put her arms around his neck. They got an entire walk through of what their wedding would look like. She got even more excited about it all. They met with the cake person to choose the flavors of their cake. She also was having cupcakes done. They went over the menu choices together to verify them. Becca sighed. Shawn looked over at her. She looked slightly nauseous. He was a bit concerned about it. 

"Babe," he said on the way up to the room. 

"Yeah?" she asked, trying to hold it together. 

"Are you getting cold feet?"

"No not at all. Babe, I have a secret but we can't tell anyone until after the wedding."

"What's that?"

He looked concerned. 

"You're gonna be a daddy again," she whispered. 

His eyes widened and a slow smile spread across his face. 

"Really?" he asked. 

"I found out two days ago. I hadn't been feeling that great so I went to the doctor. I didn't want to be sick for our wedding," she said. 

"Baby this is perfect."

"I know, I'm excited but I'm scared about what people will say."

"Who cares what people say? It's our life and if shit wasn't so crazy we would have already been married for six months."

"I know."

He pulled her close to him again and kissed her lips. He was excited about it. She smirked as his excitement became infectious. 

"You don't think people will question you not drinking?" he asked her in all seriousness.

"I worked that out with the caterer," she said. 

"How? What if someone brings you a drink?"

"I hadn't thought about it to be honest."

"Babe, we can be honest about this. It's not like we haven't already tried to have a wedding."

She nodded as she thought about what he said. He was right about it all. They went to the room and found Marshall watching a movie with Chloe and Chris. Axel was still asleep in the other room of the suite. 

"Perfect," she said. 

"What?" Marshall asked. 

"Shawn and I have some news to give you all."

"What's that?"

"I'm six weeks pregnant with our baby."

Marshall's eyes widened. He stared at the two of them. 

"Well that is news," he said. 

"I found out two days ago. I just told Shawn on the way back up here in the elevator," she replied. 

"Well I'm happy for you both. I know it's something that you both wanted. Are you still handling the stepparent adoption on the other two?"

"Of course, this baby changes nothing when it comes to that," Shawn spoke up. 

"Good."

Marshall smiled as he stood to hug his baby sister and shook hands with the man that was going to make her his bride in just six days time. 

"Are you telling Nate before he gets here or after?" Marshall asked. 

"I figure I'll wait and tell everyone at the reception. I mean it's just people who know that we should have already been married," Becca replied. 

"Sounds like you got a plan."

Becca laughed at him. He smiled and hugged her again. Chloe looked at her mother. 

"Another baby?" she asked. 

"Yeah princess, another one." Becca said. 

"Can it be a sister?"

"We'll see baby girl." Shawn chuckled. 

Chloe nodded with a grin on her face. Chris stood up and hugged both Becca and his dad. He was happy for them both.