Chapter 11

Chloe had been making Becca crazy about going to Uncle Nathan's and getting to see the boys. She finally called Ashley to see if they wanted her for the day. They both jumped at the chance take her. She dropped Chloe off on her way to the studio. Nathan smiled as the little girl ran up his steps. She was almost three now and looked just like Becca did at her age.

"Unca Nate," she yelled as she ran to him, arms out.

He scooped her up and kissed her cheek. She giggled. Becca shook her head as she followed behind her with a bag of extra clothes.

"She is doing all right with potty training, but just in case," she said.
"Thanks Becs," Nathan replied taking the bag from her.
"Thank you. She has been driving me insane."
"She loves Uncle Nate now."
"A little too much."

Nathan laughed. Becca rolled her eyes and kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Be good for uncle Nate and Aunt Ashley. I will see you later. Go on the potty like a big girl," she said.

Chloe nodded. Becca went back to her car and headed off to the studio. She had a ton to do in the office. She was loving the job. It was nice not to be so dependent on her brother. She loved providing for her children on her own.

She was in the office when someone walked in. She barely looked up.

"Rebecca Mathers," the person asked.
"Yes," she replied looking up.
"Consider yourself served,"

The person handed her an envelope and then walked out. Rebecca opened it and flipped out. She walked out to look for Paul. He was in his office. She knocked on his door.

"Come in," he said.
"Hey since when are process servers able to get in the building," she asked.
"What do you mean?"

She handed him the paper. He read it over and shook his head.

"Get ready to fight," he said.
"That's what I thought," she sighed.
"I will get the lawyers on it right away for you. We figured it was coming after the incident at Nate's the other day."

Becca nodded.

"Have you told your brother yet?" he asked.

She shook her head. Paul nodded.

"You need to tell him," he said.
"I will. He was in the booth when I walked by," she replied.
"Make sure you tell him."
"I will, Paul."

She went walking back to her office. It was going to be the fight of her life, but being around family made her feel stronger than she ever had before. She was ready for it.

"Hey Becs," Marshall stepped out of the booth.
"Hey, I got served today." she replied.
"For what? And where?"
"Here and Jesse's family is suing for visitation with the kids."
"Paul getting the lawyers on it?"

She nodded. She could feel her frustration building about the situation though. She called Nate from her office to check in on Chloe.

"What's up?" he asked quietly.
"Just checking in," she replied.
"Oh she is good. Taking a nap."
"That's good. I just got served by Jesse's family for visitation."
"Oh shit,"
"Yeah, I am not very happy about it."
"Anything we can do?"
"Paul is already contacting the lawyers about it. I will do whatever it takes to protect my babies."
"I know you will. We are here if you need us."
"Thank you Nate."
"Of course little sister."

She bit back some tears. She was stronger and more determined but as a parent she was terrified of what was going to happen. She sighed heavily.

"Becca, it's going to be all right," Nate said.
"I hope so," she choked out.
"It will. We got this."

Becca sighed heavily. Axel was awake and demanding to be fed so she got off the phone. Her office door opened and her brother walked in.

"Becca, you ok?" he asked.
"I don't know. Part of me knows that we have amazing lawyers on this but the other part of me is terrified that I am going to have to allow my children to see these people," she sniffed.
"We got this. We will not give up without a fight. Besides even if they get visitation, they can't legally take them to see Jesse which is most likely their angle. The no contact will remain in place as long as he is in prison."

Becca nodded looking down at her son, who was greedily taking his bottle. She didn't even want to expose him to that part of his family. It was unfortunate that Chloe even knew some of them. It was only because they had stayed in the house that Becca lived in with Jesse for a while. Marshall squeezed his sisters shoulder. He could see this weighing on her already.

"We got this. Both kids last names are Mathers right?" he asked.

Becca nodded. Jesse had missed Chloe's birth because he was higher than a kite and ignored Becca's calls.