Chapter 23

Becca was falling for Shawn more and more each day. They were going to meet his son today and there was a very good chance that she would meet his ex as well. That made her extremely nervous about the day. She pulled out clothes to go get dressed. She had chosen a pair of jeans, a black tank top and a flannel over shirt. She paired it with her black and white Nike shoes. Her hair was only half pulled up. She went to get her children dressed. Axel was dressed in a black onesie that read "Mommy's little heartbreaker" and a pair of jeans. She just put socks on his little feet. 

Chloe was very opinionated when it came to her clothes now. She insisted on a pair of black leggings and a shirt that had a unicorn on it. She had on a pair of Nike shoes as well. Marshall had completely spoiled her daughter when they had arrived and he was shoe crazy so Chloe had a ton of shoes now. Becca had just rolled her eyes since Chloe was going to grow so fast that they would only fit her for so long. He didn't care. He was doing what he did with his own shoes and typically selling them for his foundation. 

Becca pulled Chloe's hair up in pigtails before they headed out of the house. They were meeting Shawn, Chris, and maybe Melinda at Chuck E. Cheese. Chloe was excited because she loved the place. Becca was surprised that Chris was up to going to such a kids restaurant. 

"Mommy, is he gonna be my new daddy," Chloe asked. 

"What?" Becca asked, caught slightly off guard. 

"Is Shawn my new daddy?"

"I don't know what is going on with Shawn right now. Maybe one day he would like that title, but for now he is mommy's boyfriend."

"Eww mommy. Boyfriend's are gross."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uncle Nate says so. He says no boys til I'm bigger."

"And he is absolutely right."

Becca chuckled. She pulled up to the restaurant and walked inside with both kids. Shawn appeared with a boy who looked just like him and a dark haired woman. He smiled when he saw Becca with the kids. Chloe ran to him like she always did. He scooped her up and kissed her little cheek. 

"Mama's over there with bubby," she pointed. 

"Well let's go see her," Shawn said. 

"Ok."

They walked over to Becca with Axel. Shawn pressed a quick kiss to her lips before turning to introduce her. 

"Chris, Melinda, this is my girl Becca and her two kids, Chloe and Axel," he said. 

"It's a pleasure to meet the woman who was finally able to put a smile on this grouchy one's face," the woman smiled at her. 

Becca shook her hand. She smiled slightly and glanced at Shawn. He had a huge smile on his face as Chloe was trying to tell him all the games she wanted to play. 

"Well maybe your new big brother would like to take you to play those games," Shawn said. 

"New big brother?" Chloe looked over at Chris.

The teen smiled at her. She gave him a funny look. Shawn set her down and went to order some food for them all as well as get tokens for Chris and Chloe. Melinda took the seat across from Becca. 

"So he won't give details but how did you two meet?" Melinda asked. 

"He's friend's with my brother," Becca said. 

"You're Nate's little sister?"

Becca nodded. 

"Oh wow. I had completely forgotten that he had a little sister. I am glad that Shawn has someone who can make him as happy as he has been the last few months." Melinda said. 

"He has done a good job of making the kids and I pretty happy as well," Becca replied. 

"He's a great guy. We were just really young when Chris was born. I met my husband in college and Chris now has four younger siblings. Shawn has never bailed on him though. He is always right there when he says he will be."

"He's been really great with my little ones as well."

Shawn had Axel in his arms and Chloe by the hand as they all stood by the counter. Becca couldn't help the smile as she watched the three kids with him. He glanced back at her and smiled when he caught her eye. 

"I am glad that you two are together. He could have stayed with that awful Celeste girl that he was seeing a few months back. I would never let her meet Chris. That girl was some other kind of toxic." Melinda said. 

Becca chuckled. 

"Wish I could say I never had the pleasure of meeting that train wreck but she basically stalked us to a restaurant one night," Becca said. 

"That girl is insane." Melinda said. 

"What are you two talking about?" Shawn asked, walking back over to them. 

"Your ex."

"What?"

"Celeste."

Shawn rolled his eyes. He didn't want to relive that mistake again. He looked at Becca. She seemed relaxed with Melinda and he was completely thankful. The two kids were off playing games. Chloe's laughter could be heard nearby as she giggled at Chris. He couldn't have asked for anything better than this. His family was coming together and he loved it. 

"Ok, well I have to get going. Corey needs picked up from a playdate," Melinda said. "Becca it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope this dork keeps you around for a very long time."

Becca smiled and nodded her head. Melinda looked at Shawn. 

"You'll drop him off later or are you keeping him?" she asked. 

"I'll text you and let you know. I'll let him decide," Shawn said. 

She nodded and hugged him before leaving. Shawn turned to Becca. 

"I told you it would be fine," he said. 

"She's great. I can't believe you left her," Becca said. 

"Actually she left me. Her husband is a great guy though. He has never treated Chris any differently than his own biological kids."

"So Chloe asked me something this morning."

"What's that?"

"She asked if you were her new dad."

"That's up to her mother. I have no plans on going anywhere. I like you a lot Becca and I meant what I said the other day. I am definitely falling in love with you."

"I'm already in love with you. I have never had someone who has been so good to me and done the things you have done for me and the kids."

Shawn smiled. 

"Guess that makes me their new dad," he said. 

"I guess so." she grinned from ear to ear. 

Chris came over with Chloe. 

"We are out of tokens," he said. 

"Let's go add some more then," Shawn replied. 

"Sounds awesome."

Chris stayed at the table while Shawn went to put more on the card that the kids were using. He looked at Becca. 

"You really like my dad, don't you?" he asked. 

"I do," she replied. 

"Good. He needs someone. I mean I go to college in three years so he can't rely on me all the time and you seem to be good for him."

Becca chuckled a bit. Chris grinned as Shawn walked back over with the card in his hand. Chris took off with Chloe to play more games.