Chapter 45

The six days passed by quickly and before they knew it, Becca was sitting in a room with her bridesmaids. She was still in shock that it was here. She was so excited about this and being able to announce her pregnancy. She was thrilled that it was all finally happening. 

"How you doing?" Marshall asked her as he entered the room. 

"I'm ready," she said. 

"Good, because your groom is being very impatient."

Becca chuckled. She couldn't say that she was surprised. It was time to head down the aisle with her brother by her side. She was thankful that Marshall was able to be there to make this walk with her. She smiled at him. He couldn't believe that his baby had basically grown up on him and now she was getting married. He couldn't imagine what it was going to be like to walk his daughter's down the aisle after doing it with his baby sister. 

They reached the end of the aisle and he handed her over to Shawn once again. This time the wedding went off without a hitch and they were soon pronounced husband and wife. Becca couldn't stop the smile on her face as Shawn kissed her lips. They walked back down the aisle as a married couple. Shawn grinned. 

"You look amazing, babe," he said. 

"Thank you," she smiled, "You look really good too."

Shawn kissed her again. They greeted all of their guests in a processional line as they walked off the beach. Becca was barefoot just like she said she would be. The building that was set up for their reception was gorgeous. They had photos done prior to them entering the space and then they headed inside. They were sat at a long table for their meal. Chloe was next to her mother and Axel was in a high chair with Marshall. Chris was on Shawn's other side. They enjoyed their meal of steak, roasted potatoes, and mixed vegetables. 

The reception went perfectly. Shawn pulled Becca into his arms on the dancefloor as they shared their first dance together as husband and wife. She grinned up at him. He pressed a kiss to her lips. 

"I love you so much," he said. 

"I love you too. We really should have done it this way the first time," she giggled. 

"Live and you learn babe."

She nodded. The camera flash went off as they continued to dance. She danced with both of her brothers as well. Marshall sighed. 

"I'm so proud of you," he said. 

"Why?" she asked. 

"You have come so far in your crazy life and you never let it keep you down. You have two awesome kids, a great stepson, and now a good man to take care of you."

"And another on the way."

He nodded. She was excited to finally be able to raise a baby with a man that loved her just as much as she loved him. She knew that Shawn loved Chloe and Axel but this was something special that they would now experience together as a family. They were already working on the stepparent adoption. 

"How does Chris feel about Shawn adopting Chloe and Axel?" Nathan asked, during their dance. 

"He's excited about it. They are already his siblings so it won't make anything different. Shawn will just be their legal parent. He's already daddy to both of them." she said. 

Nathan nodded. He was glad that his sister had found someone even if it was one of his friends which he had to admit was weird for him in the beginning. He was glad that they were both happy. He looked over at Shawn, who was dancing with Chloe. The little girl was thrilled and it showed with the huge smile on her face. 

"It's good to see the kids happy," Nathan said. 

"You know what's crazy?" she asked. 

"What?"

"I got a letter just before we left to come here from Jesse."

"What did he want?"

"Just to say he was happy for us and that he was glad that Shawn wanted the responsibility of raising Chloe and Axel."

"Surprising."

"He's in there for life. He knows that there is no chance that he will ever be able to get out and be part of their lives. He will die in there, Nate. I think he's finally doing the right thing and putting the kids first."

Nate nodded. He was glad that his sister was away from that family. He was glad that his niece and nephew had a chance to have a normal life. He knew that Shawn could give that to Becca and the kids. 

"Nate, am I doing the right thing here?" she asked. 

"A bit late for that don't you think?" he asked her. 

"Well kinda but I mean I want your opinion. I mean we are having another baby and we are doing this adoption."

"I think you are making the best decisions you can for you and the kids and your family. We are all family but you have to do what you feel is best for you, Shawn, and the kids."

She nodded. He smiled and kissed her cheek as Denaun stepped in to danced with her. She worried about Chris in the whole thing. He was older than the kids and he deserved to have an opinion about everything. 

"What are you thinking, pretty girl?" Denaun asked her. 

"Just wondering how Chris feels about all of this," she said. 

"Ask him. You won't know otherwise,"

She nodded. He smiled at her. 

"Can't believe little Becca is all grown up now," he said. 

"Whatever," she chuckled. 

They continued to enjoy their night. She would have to take the time to talk to Chris about everything. It was going to be a good week for them as they continued to celebrate and enjoy their time for the next week. She was glad that they had taken two weeks for all of this. She and Shawn had chosen not to take a honeymoon right away since they were already living together and acting as a family prior to the wedding.